want to tune my audi a3 20 tdi

badboytin

Reaction score
hi got a audi 2010 sport back 2l tdi ..i want to no what its capable of as in bhp.its running standard at mo is it 140 ...what can i do to it i.e exhaust map ect ect to get it faster and whats best stuff to use .. thanks

Hybrid turbo, cold air intake, 3'' straight though pipe, remap :icon_thumright:

Remap straight away! What a huge difference it makes I have the 140 it's probably between 180-190 now it keeps up with my mates 2.0tfsi and has him off the line. Obviously that was tested in a secluded area haha

Way haha that's just with a map yes. Amazing results. You will be surprised with what it can compete with :) if that's your thing haha

It was a guy in glasgow near where I live that done it before I had actually bought the car (my mates old car) can't remember the name of it now. It wasn't Revo or anything. Depending on where u live a lot of the guys on here are using shark performance maps and swear by them should check out what figures they would give u for the 140 I'd imagine similar results to mine. From what I'm lead to believe there is much more tuning potential in the 140 than the 170 with. Stage 1

hi got a audi 2010 sport back 2l tdi ..i want to no what its capable of as in bhp.its running standard at mo is it 140 ...what can i do to it i.e exhaust map ect ect to get it faster and whats best stuff to use .. thanks

Hi Badboytin,

The guys on here have given you some good advice regarding re-mapping as you will achieve some great results from your vehicle.

We have multiple options available for your Audi A3 2.0 TDI which will give your car considerably more power and torque whilst improving your fuel efficiency.

As the age of your vehicle will have a direct impact on the options available to you, would you please confirm the age of your A3 as EDC16 & EDC17 ECU’s require different methods of tuning.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Steve

Most if not all diesel cars are basically "de tuned" from the factory by the manufacturer to meet strict EU regs for carbon foot prints & to get the best fuel economy figures. Theres alot to be had from a single stage 1 remap on most 140 & 170 engines, although as someone rightly stated you get more power from the 140 with a remap than you do from the 170.

Sorry for hijack. What about a 2007 2.0 Tdi? What is an ecu out job ?

no shouldnt be on yours,,,

i have a 170 ... had a 3''dpf delete , remap , 3'' centre section-milltek rear , egr delete ...... pulls very well and lots of torque about 220hp now just perfect for the road...

Hi Badboytin & Icey,

The 2010 will be a Bosch EDC17 Tri-core ECU which will require you to have the ECU removed and opened. That’s no problem at all, it’s easy but will be time-consuming, expensive and is not adjustable. If the vehicle goes back to the main dealer, they may do a software update which would cause the car to go back to standard. Causing you to have to go through the same process again and will cost you more money to put your modified file back on.

The 2007 is an EDC16. The ECU can be reprogrammed via the OBD port and is more straight forward which drives the labour time down which in turn makes it more cost effective over the later models as mentioned above.

We can remap the ECU’s for you on both cars with great results but personally we would seriously recommend considering a multi-channel digital tuning box for both vehicles. The 07 model is a PD and is relatively simplistic when compared to the later 2010 Common Rail model. One of our development vehicles is a 2010 Audi A5 170 TDI which is identical and runs exactly the same ECU and injection system as your A3. With the limitations and costs relating to remapping the Tri-core ECU, we feel a multi-channel system such as our CRTD2® TWIN Channel tuning system will offer you all the benefits of a remap and the ability to select alternative maps. The system can also be reprogrammed for future vehicles for minimal cost.

We really are non-bias as we cover all methods of tuning. If it’s convenient for you, you are welcome to come in for a chat, a coffee and a free trial of the system. Give us a call if you have any questions - 01245 924 400.

Regards,

Steve

Reactions: Dave-S3