*Help please! Rattling/rolling sound on inside of driver's side A3 Sportback 2009*

dany2k

Reaction score
Hi all,
Some MUCH needed advice please!

I have a 2009 A3 Sportback which, after leaving in my wife's capable hands for a few weeks, returned with what can only be described as the sound of a marble rolling around either in the door card area of underneath my steering wheel: This is especially prominent whenever I turn the car.

It really does sound like something has been left in a compartment that I don't know exists!

The question is... what compartments are there in the driver side of the facelift A3... I've looked and looked and can only see: the compartment next to the speaker on the driver's door and the small compartment on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Hi
I have an earlier model Sportback, and there is a little cubby thing underneath the driver's seat. It pulls down from between your knees.

Reactions: dany2k
You sure the noise in inside??

Given the age if you haven't had new springs it could be the top or bottom off one of them. When the little bit comes off it can often get caught in the arm of the suspension and it sounds like the noise your explaining.

Happy hunting

Hi all,
Thanks for your swift replies! The problem was a rogue screw somebody had left in the cubby under the seat (thank you Neil C!) The question now is who put it there :)

Dan

You're most welcome dany2k.
Hmmm, personally I think your wife requires questioning lol.

Reactions: dany2k