Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By R90 STL
  • 2 Post By Andy1608

Thread: Just put my S3 up for sale :/

1st Gear

Status

Just put my S3 up for sale :/

I have decided to go traveling for a year to Australia and thailand so the s3 has to go, it has been a good car for the seven months i since have had it even tho i had to replace the clutch and flywheel. I have not been very impressed with the main dealers tho rip of merchants, the only thing i don't like is the steering its not very involving and is light. I am going to save 10k for my next car so thinking e46 m3 or r32 mk5 i want something that sounds nice next as the s3 is pretty flat sounding.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    R32 all day long. If I didn't have my car I would definitely be wanting one of them. You will never tire of that V6
    whitex8p likes this.
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    R32 all day long. If I didn't have my car I would definitely be wanting one of them. You will never tire of that V6
    I have always wanted one ever since the mk4 came out but i really like the m3 too its more maintenance tho

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by whitex8p View Post
    I have always wanted one ever since the mk4 came out but i really like the m3 too its more maintenance tho
    hmmm the e46 doesn't do much for me I am afraid the interior quality in bmws didn't meet my expectations for a car of its class in comparison to any vag cars iv owned. depends what you are looking for. R32 is just a great car in general. good looking. good build quality. iconic. sounds better than anything in its class.
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

1st Gear

Status
    I'd take an E46 M3 over a MK5 R32 every day. Personally I did tire of the R32's V6 - it sounds great but just doesn't have the punch that I like.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Your looking too far into the future I think.
    You might need your £10k to bring your thai bride back over with you lol (remember the reach around, could save you a lot of embarrassment) hope you have a good trip anyway, good look selling the S3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1608 View Post
    Your looking too far into the future I think.
    You might need your £10k to bring your thai bride back over with you lol (remember the reach around, could save you a lot of embarrassment) hope you have a good trip anyway, good look selling the S3
    hahaha i am not really into the thai wowen, hopefully there will be loads of european and aussie girls there.

1st Gear

Status
    Finding a good R32 is quite a challenge. Many have worn seat bolsters and the cam chains can be a worry.
    A couple of weeks ago we went to look at a "mint one" 80 miles away corky son. Absolute rubbish and would have taken a fortune to fix.

Back in 2006 I went on lots of R32 test drives as I really like the sound but the performance never quite matched up and the interior was poorer than my mk iv Gti.
    The S3 came out and after 1 test drive my order was placed.