JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chillout

Thread: Spazy alarm

2nd Gear

Status

Spazy alarm

I have searched but can't find exact answer for an A3.

Ive always had a fault with the alarm and I would now like to sort it. Can anyone tell me where the hell it is on my car and can I change the battery? If not can I unplug it without any issues arising?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    are you still needing info on this. I used to have the old shape A3 and had to fix the alarm about a year ago
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes please, if you can.
    Really I just need the location of it and is the battery built in the siren?

Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    From memory its under the wheel arch of the drivers side front wheel (my car was a 53 plate) so just double check thats where the sound is coming from.

you need to jack the car up, take the wheel off. remove half a dozen screws or so to release the wheel arch lining. there is a metal box(same colour as paint work) secured with a security screw. i cut a grove in the head of it with a dremel and then used a flat head screwdriver.

After removing the metal cover, there is a black alarm box which included the battery. Its a sealed box so not really repairable, but i bought a new one for £100 from my local VW garage very quick fix as my problem was the alarm kept going off and not stopping sometimes during the night. I think the battery had gone faulty and leaked over the circuit board.

let me know how you get on or any questions
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

2nd Gear

Status
    Brilliant, thanks for that. Job for Saturday then..

1st Gear

Status
    I think the part number is 1K0951605A so might be worth checking they have one it stock if you need replacement. I walked down to VW the same time as taking the old one off so I only have to jack the car up once.

3rd Gear

Status
    The battery is built in to the siren and can be replaced by soldering one if its the same as the old a3 alarm
    It can be done quicker than a v6 can be rebuilt.
    autolatry likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    i took my old alarm unit apart, and it was a sealed unit, could only get it apart by destroying the case. it was either glued together or the plastic heated to create a seal

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
    The battery is built in to the siren and can be replaced by soldering one if its the same as the old a3 alarm
    It can be done quicker than a v6 can be rebuilt.
    Ha ha, well i guess il be reporting back in 5 months to say ive finally swapped the alarm then.

3rd Gear

Status
    Please dont use the term 'Spazy'. I find it highly offensive.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by autolatry View Post
    Brilliant, thanks for that. Job for Saturday then..
    how did you get on?

2nd Gear

Status
    I changed an outer CV joint, then broke 2 studs for the ball joint had to wait for new ball joint and fitted that last weekend.FFS lol.

So its a job for this weekend, along with replacing the bevel box / propshaft seal !