Accelerator Pedal Removal

jphc

RS6 Dreamin'
Reaction score
Iv'e been an idiot. A heavy handed, impatient idiot.

I was fitting my new aluminium pedals. I managed the brake pedal fine but messed up with the accelerator.
I followed 2 different guides (One on ASN & one on VWVortex) just to get 2 different views. All was going well. Got the pedal assembly disconnected from the car easily. The problem came with the electrical connector. I understand why it has to be hard to remove, but m god this is difficult. Anyway, i managed to end up breaking the tab on the plastic connector. I was just being too heavy handed. Good news is the pedal still works and the connector is still on solid. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to remove the connector and/or repair it? The first picture is off the VWVortex guid to show what it should look like, the second pic is my butchered one.

IMG 2031

I did manage to get the plug off in the end, and install the new pedal. The clip I broke, although makes it easier, isn't vital and the plug can still be removed. My hands have so many cuts on them :( What a PITA this has been! Looks good now though.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389709843810936

Looks very good. although you have a peddle missing to make it a real car! :laugh:

Reactions: southylad, Niloc and jphc
no mate i had the same when i went to do mine, the previous owner has obv done it before me and broke it taking them out again. I f you get a thin small watch s/driver you can push up from the inside to remove the grey tab, if i sell my car i will leave them in lol.

no mate i had the same when i went to do mine, the previous owner has obv done it before me and broke it taking them out again. I f you get a thin small watch s/driver you can push up from the inside to remove the grey tab, if i sell my car i will leave them in lol.

Yeah i managed it now mate. Small screwdriver to push the rest of the remaining grey plastic down, as the tab would have had it still been in place, pushed extremely hard then just yanked the connector and off she came! Praise the lord lol Never touching them again now

mine arrived yesterday so will need to attempt this at the weekend!