DashCommand + 0-60 times.

M

mjr901

Had a little play this evening with the OBD 0-60mph DashCommand timer.

After recently having a new DSG flywheel under warranty, I feel like the car is running significantly better.

Its raining, I've got the winter tyres on, not to mention a flat road, and I did a 4.4 sec to 60.

Only tried it the once, I don't want to break it before I go on my 1700 mile road trip at the end of the month.

Either way, happy with that!!

DSG FTW..!!

11913181106_646dd3b0f7.jpg

Reactions: sliced
How does this connect with your car mate... i was looking at it and it said you need a 3rd party to interface it with the car?

How does this connect with your car mate... i was looking at it and it said you need a 3rd party to interface it with the car?

Its really simple mate, buy a WIFI (not bluetooth version) ELM327 device. Buy the app, such as Dashcommand and your away.

I can read, and clear codes with it too, measure MAF readings, how hot the exhaust is, BHP calculations (surprisingly accurate), all sorts!

One of these ---->EiioX WIFI WLAN Wireless OBD2 Code Reader Scanner for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

You can leave it in the OBD when driving too, its really small, doesn't get in the way at all.

I leave mine in the car all the time, just in the door pocket, just incase I pop a light or I need to clear an EML on a friends car, which i've done countless times, all through my Iphone 5!

Feels so weird clearing codes with my mobile, strangely satisfying though! Feels a bit geeky, but the ****** thing works like a treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: S3_Jacko
So hows your overall review then? How accurate would you say it was?

it sounds well worth it... And who doesnt like new gadgets to play with haha

So hows your overall review then? How accurate would you say it was?
it sounds well worth it... And who doesnt like new gadgets to play with haha

Put it this way, my car was dyno'd by Forge at Powerstation 4wd dyno, it made 337bhp with the Neuspeed intake.

Then not long after that I got the MTC Intake, so readings probably changed a little due to it being huge.

Then I bought this app and measured the power and it tells me 344bhp.

For me, that's pretty spot on, bigger intake and the value very close to the Dyno figure.

I tried it on the girlfriends Seay Mii too! 60bhp out of the factory....55bhp according to the app.

It's not something you'll use everyday, but it is useful now and again to keep your mind at ease.

Put it this way, my car was dyno'd by Forge at Powerstation 4wd dyno, it made 337bhp with the Neuspeed intake.

Then not long after that I got the MTC Intake, so readings probably changed a little due to it being huge.

Then I bought this app and measured the power and it tells me 344bhp.

For me, that's pretty spot on, bigger intake and the value very close to the Dyno figure.

I tried it on the girlfriends Seay Mii too! 60bhp out of the factory....55bhp according to the app.

It's not something you'll use everyday, but it is useful now and again to keep your mind at ease.

Its not that expensive anyway... Either a new toy to play with or a few beers is how to look at it... Im on the naughty boys list and got no new toys off Santa, so i'll get this to fill the void and give a 2's up to Santa on that 1 ;) haha

Its not that expensive anyway... Either a new toy to play with or a few beers is how to look at it... Im on the naughty boys list and got no new toys off Santa, so i'll get this to fill the void and give a 2's up to Santa on that 1 ;) haha

With the app and the wifi unit it's about £50 I think, which isn't expensive for something potentially so useful, it's not VCDS...but it's a good one to bridge the gap.

You can't code with Dashcommand, just measurements, revs, MAF readings, read/clear fault codes and logs.

All of which you can put on the computer and study of you so wish.

Will also tell you the fastest you've been....and stores the highest value it stumbles across...

With the app and the wifi unit it's about £50 I think, which isn't expensive for something potentially so useful, it's not VCDS...but it's a good one to bridge the gap.

You can't code with Dashcommand, just measurements, revs, MAF readings, read/clear fault codes and logs.

All of which you can put on the computer and study of you so wish.

Will also tell you the fastest you've been....and stores the highest value it stumbles across...

Dont believe anything Dash Command tells you officer... Its all lies