Badger5Volks Autos
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mjr901
  • 1 Post By mjr901

Thread: DashCommand + 0-60 times.

  1. #1
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786

    DashCommand + 0-60 times.

    Had a little play this evening with the OBD 0-60mph DashCommand timer.

    After recently having a new DSG flywheel under warranty, I feel like the car is running significantly better.

    Its raining, I've got the winter tyres on, not to mention a flat road, and I did a 4.4 sec to 60.

    Only tried it the once, I don't want to break it before I go on my 1700 mile road trip at the end of the month.

    Either way, happy with that!!

    DSG FTW..!!

    sliced likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,289
    How does this connect with your car mate... i was looking at it and it said you need a 3rd party to interface it with the car?
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

  4. #3
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    How does this connect with your car mate... i was looking at it and it said you need a 3rd party to interface it with the car?
    Its really simple mate, buy a WIFI (not bluetooth version) ELM327 device. Buy the app, such as Dashcommand and your away.

    I can read, and clear codes with it too, measure MAF readings, how hot the exhaust is, BHP calculations (surprisingly accurate), all sorts!

    One of these ---->EiioX WIFI WLAN Wireless OBD2 Code Reader Scanner for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

    You can leave it in the OBD when driving too, its really small, doesn't get in the way at all.

    I leave mine in the car all the time, just in the door pocket, just incase I pop a light or I need to clear an EML on a friends car, which i've done countless times, all through my Iphone 5!

    Feels so weird clearing codes with my mobile, strangely satisfying though! Feels a bit geeky, but the bloody thing works like a treat.
    Last edited by mjr901; 12th January 2014 at 19:26.
    S3_Jacko likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  5. #4
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,289
    So hows your overall review then? How accurate would you say it was?


    it sounds well worth it... And who doesnt like new gadgets to play with haha
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

  6. #5
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    So hows your overall review then? How accurate would you say it was?
    it sounds well worth it... And who doesnt like new gadgets to play with haha
    Put it this way, my car was dyno'd by Forge at Powerstation 4wd dyno, it made 337bhp with the Neuspeed intake.

    Then not long after that I got the MTC Intake, so readings probably changed a little due to it being huge.


    Then I bought this app and measured the power and it tells me 344bhp.

    For me, that's pretty spot on, bigger intake and the value very close to the Dyno figure.

    I tried it on the girlfriends Seay Mii too! 60bhp out of the factory....55bhp according to the app.

    It's not something you'll use everyday, but it is useful now and again to keep your mind at ease.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  7. #6
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Put it this way, my car was dyno'd by Forge at Powerstation 4wd dyno, it made 337bhp with the Neuspeed intake.

    Then not long after that I got the MTC Intake, so readings probably changed a little due to it being huge.


    Then I bought this app and measured the power and it tells me 344bhp.

    For me, that's pretty spot on, bigger intake and the value very close to the Dyno figure.

    I tried it on the girlfriends Seay Mii too! 60bhp out of the factory....55bhp according to the app.

    It's not something you'll use everyday, but it is useful now and again to keep your mind at ease.
    Its not that expensive anyway... Either a new toy to play with or a few beers is how to look at it... Im on the naughty boys list and got no new toys off Santa, so i'll get this to fill the void and give a 2's up to Santa on that 1 haha
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

  8. #7
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    Its not that expensive anyway... Either a new toy to play with or a few beers is how to look at it... Im on the naughty boys list and got no new toys off Santa, so i'll get this to fill the void and give a 2's up to Santa on that 1 haha
    With the app and the wifi unit it's about £50 I think, which isn't expensive for something potentially so useful, it's not VCDS...but it's a good one to bridge the gap.

    You can't code with Dashcommand, just measurements, revs, MAF readings, read/clear fault codes and logs.

    All of which you can put on the computer and study of you so wish.

    Will also tell you the fastest you've been....and stores the highest value it stumbles across...
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  9. #8
    S3_Jacko's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    With the app and the wifi unit it's about £50 I think, which isn't expensive for something potentially so useful, it's not VCDS...but it's a good one to bridge the gap.

    You can't code with Dashcommand, just measurements, revs, MAF readings, read/clear fault codes and logs.

    All of which you can put on the computer and study of you so wish.

    Will also tell you the fastest you've been....and stores the highest value it stumbles across...
    Dont believe anything Dash Command tells you officer... Its all lies
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

  10. #9
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    Dont believe anything Dash Command tells you officer... Its all lies
    Yes lol exactly
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Make quattro the most important car of all time
    By dbm in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21st July 2003, 09:31
  2. Most important car of all time
    By dbm in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th May 2003, 09:40
  3. It's that time of year again - insurance quotes?
    By ColinM in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14th April 2003, 17:03
  4. In gear acceleration times
    By Simon in forum General Technical / How To
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10th April 2003, 20:37
  5. time for a new post lol!!!
    By CARACTERE007 in forum A2 forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd January 2003, 18:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO