First rate dealer service...not...

Horchsense

Reaction score
How's this for service - booked car in 3 weeks prior to appointment to check out non-existent Bose "audio-pilot" (volume never changes). Phoned them at 8.00am to check my courtesy car was available. Yep - no problems.
"OK" said I - see you in about half an hour. Arrived at 8.30 am (meant I'd be a bit late for work - but had squared that).
Discovered on arrival that forecourt hitherto covered in shiny Audis displayed a couple of 1994 Nissan Bluebirds (£599 ono). Dealership (Southend Audi) had packed up, cleared the decks of everything and fxxxed off to Wickford (a small town 15 miles away).
No letter, no clue on the phone not even ****** smoke signals - nowt. Now that's what I call thoughtful - not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Typical, i have had the opposite over here, they have written to me and said they are moving but not when LOL !

Luckly enough i pass the new Audi dealership most days as its just down the road from me on the Broadland Business park just off teh southern bypass on the A47, and it looks lovely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, Robinsons are moving soon, hopefully they will get some decent sales people in there, as there is only one guy who ever seems bothered at the moment, Mark Hurrel.
They are absolutely useless!

But I find all Norfolk dealers are, they are so used to having an easy life with no competition, but I think they forget we now have the net, and even those starnge people who never leave their county can see what is happening elsewhwere with deals etc.
I went into Lind, the local BMW/Mini dealership and said I was after a 535d M-sport touring, up to 6 months old and £38k with the right options, and then went over to the Mini section and said I wanted a new or up to 12 month old mini one d in black or silver with a few options.
I heard nothing, then got a call saying they had an 03 plate mini one d with cd player and in blue coming in, I explained that I wanted new or up to a year old and in black or silver and he said he would have another look and get back to me.
That was 2 weeks ago, so I popped back in on Friday and asked why they hadn't called, they said that they hadn't found anything, I then gave them the quotes I had been sent from 3 other dealers on new and used cars, and told them I would leave it with them and expected to hear from them by Saturday night, if they wanted to sell me a car call me and they can take the order and a deposit, heard nothing.
Also I went into the BMW section to find out about a part, and the sales guy came over to me and said "I am still looking for a 535d for you." I pointed out that as I hadn't heard back from him I presumed he didn't want the business, and pointed to my car parked outside.

I got so jarred off with Audi customer service in the end that pushed me back to BMW, however it seems they are all the same.

BMW have just opened a massive new showroom too, multi million pound unit that looks fantastic, but we went last Sunday and they were closed, there was about a dozen couples walking round the lot in disbelief that it was not open, and today when we drove passed they was at least 8 cars parked there with couples walking round. Unbelievable that they don't open on one of the only days couples can actually go in together!

Gizze, i've had nothing but great service from Robinsons in norwich. They've always listened to me, and never tried to take the pee too severely. As long as you stand your ground with them they can be quite accommodating.

As for the BMW dealership you have experienced, i'm afraid I've heard more bad stories about them than i could care to repeat, like cars coming in in the wrong colour, wrong options installed, wrong colour seats etc etc.

My best advice for BM's and Mini's in norfolk, would be to speak to Sorenson's in King's Lynn - their service is A1 since it was under new ownership a couple of years ago.

[ QUOTE ]
there is only one guy who ever seems bothered at the moment, Mark Hurrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep hes great, been popping in to see him for 2 years prior to the purchase of the A3, tried all the ranges, a Convertible A4 3.0 for the weekend, which was great in the middle of summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but the little 3.2 engine wasn't powerful enough for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SO opted for the 3.2 A3 in the end, He tried to get me to take a RS4 out for a drive, but we all know (specially Him) what would have happened /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RS4 next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Did the BMW thing when in my early 20s, Terrible service from Lind, Took a M3 out for a test drive, and the brakes were shot ! I had to limp it back to the dealer ! they wanted 33K for it as well !
Theres more but im not going to post anything else.

Shxt! - is it me or am I plagued by roaming gypsy Audi dealers? - (selling very expensive pegs, wearing neckscarves and playing wild violin solos). Would anyone care to mention where Robinsons are moving to? I was planning to take my car into Robinsons for 1st service whilst staying with a cousin who lives in Norwich. Southend (actually now technically Wickford Audi) want £340 - Robinsons £202. I just want a service - not lucky heather...

haha, take it ez, they're just moving down the road.

[ QUOTE ]
Steve

Did you ask Ipswich Audi for a price?

[/ QUOTE ]

ho ho ho, i did for mine, last week. £100 more expensive than the cheapest.

i couldn't beleive the difference between dealerships.

I found that although one of Robinsons prices was more than twice the price of other dealers, the final figure still came in lower than Ipswich's.

In the end, It appeared that i wasn't asking for the 'right' service, as a 20k service including haldex oil and filter is apparently not the same as a 40k service.... so the final cost of the service was closer to £600, which i managed to knock down to £517 (all this was for an 8L s3)

FYI, the king's lynn dealer came in with the cheapest costs, but once i'd paid for travel, it would have been comparable with Robinson's.

[ QUOTE ]
I found that although one of Robinsons prices was more than twice the price of other dealers, the final figure still came in lower than Ipswich's.

In the end, It appeared that i wasn't asking for the 'right' service, as a 20k service including haldex oil and filter is apparently not the same as a 40k service.... so the final cost of the service was closer to £600, which i managed to knock down to £517 (all this was for an 8L s3)

FYI, the king's lynn dealer came in with the cheapest costs, but once i'd paid for travel, it would have been comparable with Robinson's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still do the travel and take it to King's Lynn, just on principle. Robinsons will continue to over-charge as long as people keep taking their cars there. Vote with you feet man!

Robos are moving to Broadland Business Park, you can see the new place right on the edge of the southern bypass A47 Near to Brewsters and travel Inn

Its lovely

noo, they weren't over charging... i was sayng that they were the cheapest overall out of all of them.

Plus they have always been one of the best dealers i've visited.

[ QUOTE ]
noo, they weren't over charging... i was sayng that they were the cheapest overall out of all of them.

Plus they have always been one of the best dealers i've visited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep got to agree with that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???, so you meant that Robinsons was cheaper? Or was King's Lynn cheaper?

aghh! I'm confusing myself now... i got it wrong up there.

Robinsons were more expensive, but when I added the cost of travel onto the price (140 mile round trip), the overall price was cheaper.

I couldn't be bothered to take a day off just to get the car serviced, and the though of spending the day in king's lynn doesn't really do it for me either.

[ QUOTE ]
...and the though of spending the day in king's lynn doesn't really do it for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I know what you mean my parents used to have a holiday home in heacham and even though I was very young I realised it wasn't the most stimulating part of the world. I mean the most intersting part of the place was a pig farm!

How could it be when the stretch of water is called the wash...

[ QUOTE ]
Steve

Did you ask Ipswich Audi for a price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is if I go to Ipswich I'll have to stay at the Crown & Castle in Orford - that's the price of a good room, the beef carpaccio starter, the belly pork with puy lentils, a cheeky new world sirah, the dessert, double esspresso - it adds up y'know...