MPG on 2.0T

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
Well I usally get around 23mpg acording to DIS as all my driving is in town and 4-5miles at a time. Today I had a run up to Newcastle and back and it returned 33mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The best I have ever had out of it, still only got 2000 miles on the clock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well I usally get around 23mpg acording to DIS as all my driving is in town and 4-5miles at a time. Today I had a run up to Newcastle and back and it returned 33mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The best I have ever had out of it, still only got 2000 miles on the clock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

23mpg.....oh you do make us soot chuckers smile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

400 miles this week. Averaged 50mpg. I must enjoy it while it lasts - moving to a 2.0T or V6 TT by the end of the year. Not looking forward to the fuel bill. But the performance and sound I'm sure more than make up for it.

Only 2k on the clock??? How long have you had the car?! I'm the same as you, loads of short journeys so around 22-24mpg but on a run about 30-33. After a particularly hectic day at work last week all I saw was 14 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
400 miles this week. Averaged 50mpg. I must enjoy it while it lasts - moving to a 2.0T or V6 TT by the end of the year. Not looking forward to the fuel bill. But the performance and sound I'm sure more than make up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to be funny but why have you posted this when its clearly not asked for? If he wanted to know anything about oil burners he would have asked about them.

[ QUOTE ]
Only 2k on the clock??? How long have you had the car?! I'm the same as you, loads of short journeys so around 22-24mpg but on a run about 30-33. After a particularly hectic day at work last week all I saw was 14 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup just over 2k, I'm not like you Booster where you do interstella mileage, I just totter around the short journey to work each day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You tractor drivers can tell me all day long how good your MPG is I don't mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, I'll still not have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, about the same here, certainly no worse after the Revo code was installed............unless you use the extra performance all the time! I've noticed the ambient temperature makes quite a difference, also the longer I run the car (distance/time) the more mpg it will do, probably a transmission warming thing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to be funny but why have you posted this when its clearly not asked for? If he wanted to know anything about oil burners he would have asked about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being funny either, but coz it's a public forum and I felt like it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being funny either, but coz it's a public forum and I felt like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't they those rattley clattery smelly things that throw clouds of s*** out of the back and sound like an old taxi?

Indeed they are.. but with bucketfuls of lovely flexible torque, plenty of (admittedly remapped) bhp too, giving a drive 90% as good as the petrol turbos but with 100% more fuel economy... sounds like value to me.. but I have to admit, if I only did 10k per year instead of 30k + then Id be tempted to go for the 100% drive and sod the fuel.. on 30k the savings are too large to ignore..

clouds of s**t out the back? I can see thats a problem, but hey, only when Im in front of you!!!

;-)

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed they are.. but with bucketfuls of lovely flexible torque, plenty of (admittedly remapped) bhp too, giving a drive 90% as good as the petrol turbos but with 100% more fuel economy... sounds like value to me.. but I have to admit, if I only did 10k per year instead of 30k + then Id be tempted to go for the 100% drive and sod the fuel.. on 30k the savings are too large to ignore..

clouds of s**t out the back? I can see thats a problem, but hey, only when Im in front of you!!!

;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

funny!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Never seen any 'clouds of black smoke ' from my 2.0TDI...

not seen much on mine either, it only really smokes when you've been driving miss daisy and then suddenly decide that your foot is mae from lead........but then not much smoke either

Actually, gotta be honest mine definately smokes more since the remap - in fact I took it back to AMD to be checked... bit of overfuelling going on, thats all, and hasnt made any difference to oil consumption, but if you were behind me when im in a hurry you wouldnt be in any doubt that i drive a diesel!!

;-)