Audi A3 8L Backbox Fit 8P?

Persian

CEO
Reaction score
As title would an 8L (3door) backbox fit 8P (3 door)?

Friend of mine offered me his 8L miltek backbox, I have realised that they are different to 8P's however would a garage be able to fit it without too much hassle? Or would it be a complete no?

I would say it would be more a hassle that it is worth.

The milltek pipe work has to match the exact channel the original exhaust followed as it is quite tight under there plus the diameters have to be the same.

Reactions: Persian
Seems to be a hassle then! I've searched around and read posts on members doing backbox delete or centre silencer/resonator delete...

Would appreciate if anybody could let me know if I could do a resonator (centre silencer) delete on my 1.6 just for a bit more burble and deep tone?

And also does the delete effect mpg?

Wow, we are on the same boat mate :)

I'm also curious to know if this would effect the MPG, I mean I've 3.2 V6 and there aren't that great on fuel already, so my only concern is would (deleting resonator) have any effects in any sense and would the sound be noticeable at all?

Would appreciate any help :) sorry for hijacking the thread, well we are pretty much asking the same question!
Cheers

Wow, we are on the same boat mate :)

I'm also curious to know if this would effect the MPG, I mean I've 3.2 V6 and there aren't that great on fuel already, so my only concern is would (deleting resonator) have any effects in any sense and would the sound be noticeable at all?

Would appreciate any help :) sorry for hijacking the thread, well we are pretty much asking the same question!
Cheers

On a slightly different note... What happened to this 8P3 conversion thread you promised us?

On a slightly different note... What happened to this 8P3 conversion thread you promised us?

Not entirely sure what you're talking about!:think:

Just kidding, I've been waiting for Niggle to get back to me... but up until now I had my AP X coils fitted, some services, sound system, and minor interior mods...

Will be updating my thread soon, once everything is done + pics :nyah:

I'm getting BBS CH soon, new tyres which would cost over 1,500

Now could someone please help me/us with this exhaust thing? Don't really wanna spend £500+ on Milltek whilst doing £££ 8P3 conversion :)

Cheers