How to remove heat unit without keys

PhilLUFC

Reaction score
Ok so I've just been laid off so have zero money and I have a sub n amp what has been sat in my garage for a year or so n thought I worse use my spare time I have now fitting it in my 2.0tdi but can't afford the keys (I know it's bad) so just wondering how I can get it out ? It's the double din concert one and is it straight forward to wire the amp n sub to the standard ? Cheers

I think you can get the keys off the Bay for a couple of pounds. Not sure you can remove it without the keys, as this would make it pointless have the lock/ keys.

Reactions: Dannykn9
God dam have zero cash n no one I know has a audi to borrow some

Bentham closest city is lancaster closest audi garage is either Lake District or Blackburn

I know people tend to buy them from halfords, and return them once they are done, Its the norm at my local halfords lol.

And no its not straight forward to wire the sub and amp, you don't need to remove the headunit to connect it up if you have an oem subwoofer hidden in the rear left of the boot.

It doesnt have to be bose, turn the bass up to the max volume, blast some bassy song, open your boot, put hand on left of boot interior and feel if there is a sub

It doesnt have to be bose, turn the bass up to the max volume, blast some bassy song, open your boot, put hand on left of boot interior and feel if there is a sub

Agree with sliced, doesn't have to be bose. Just check the left side of the boot. It's not difficult to get into either if your really need to

mate, i have a set of keys i don't need. I was planning of changing my headunit for the rns-e but due to the amount of stolen units in my area alone i decided against it. you can have the keys free of charge. I'll even post em for u, just need your address.

Reactions: Phil-1 and autolatry
Ask some dodgy looking hooded toe rag in the street lol probably carry a set in case opportunity arises and before I get abuse for disrespecting the hooded comment I'm sat in one as we speak lol

Ok so i have the sub in the rear and tbh its crap how can i swop that one for my after market sub n amp