Break Discs / Pads for my A3 Sportback

scott909

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need new front brake discs and pads as mine are completely worn. Got the warning on the dash and the discs are so lipped, you could hang a coat hanger of of them....

The problem is, I can't seem to work out which parts suit my car, any help would be really appreciated.

Audi A3 2.0 T Sportback 2005
VIN : WAUZZZ8P96A030102

A lot of websites will do it from your reg number - google is your friend

There's loads of discs sizes and options for the A3 and most sites including Euro don't seem to be able to match exactly what discs are on the car. It's probably 280 or 312mm front discs.

However there are PR codes you can get from a sticker in the boot and Eurocarparts do have corresponding codes in their brake details part details, or use that great link already posted above.

Thanks to all for the replies. will have a look for that sticker and see what it turns up.

Found it on the sticker. Thanks very much. My discs were 312mm :)

Next question, what's peoples thoughts on getting them replaced. Is it something I could try. I have no mechanical car repair experience but do see tutorials online. Am I better off just getting a pro to fix them?

Depends how capable you are really.
Not a difficult job to do but if your not confident a garage will charge you about 1.5 hours labour.