Main dealer - Diagnostics check

AudiA3JJ

Reaction score
Just looking for bit of advice, I've have a juddering issue in higher revs and I'm looking to get the car in to Audi for a £96 diagnostics check. The girl on the phone said they don't just plug it in they will find the problem, just wondered if anyone else has used this and is the Audi check worth the extra over me paying some one with vagcom to just read the ecu? ... I'm not stealer savvy. Cheers

I'd ask someone with VCDS to scan it for a few beer tokens so you have a rough idea of what's causing the issue then take it from there.

Juddering issue when you put your foot down at high revs? Could be misfiring and a scan with VCDS would tell you if it was one of the coils that need replacing as this is a pretty common fault.

Ask a VCDS equipped forum member to do the initial test...
Where do you live?

Reactions: AudiA3JJ
Well you arent wrong..they will find the issue...and they will charge you the labour for finding the issue, and then find plenty of other issues they would like to fix and ask you those too along with the original issue.

Robbery.

So far anyone available with vcds wants £20 which is cheap I know but just wondered if I should just take plunge and pay extra £80 for Audi's technicians advice etc. It is the problematic bkd engine, its gotta be injectors, loom or maybe EGR valve.. Had similar issue on old car and that turned out to be the EGR.

Where abouts are you based?

If you're anywhere near Leeds, drop me a PM.

Well you arent wrong..they will find the issue...and they will charge you the labour for finding the issue, and then find plenty of other issues they would like to fix and ask you those too along with the original issue.

Robbery.

That's what I'm worried about with Audi. I'm in Leeds

Robbery.

That's true, Audi are robbing buggers!