Which Alloys?

gurds_1

Reaction score
Hi there people
I have an A3 2.0T S-line Special Edition on order, but im still uncertain about the alloys. Which alloys look better?
The 5 Spoke 18" S-line standard, the 14-Spoke 18" or the 20-Spoke 2-piece 18" alloys? opinions and pics please?

I had the same debate when I ordered mine and would only recommend the RS6s now.

With alloys,it's the simpler the better for me.
I have the 5 spoke 18 inchers and wouldn't have anything else.
They're also incredibly easy to keep clean.
Lots of big smooth surfaces,as opposed to loads of nooks and crannies.

thats what my dad says, lol. its true tho, saves alot of hassle and they dont stick out as much

but which ones would look the best, regardless of cleaning and simplicity?

[ QUOTE ]
With alloys,it's the simpler the better for me.
I have the 5 spoke 18 inchers and wouldn't have anything else.
They're also incredibly easy to keep clean.
Lots of big smooth surfaces,as opposed to loads of nooks and crannies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total agreement with Bowfer here (I might have to go and have a lie down!), the RS6 wheels are beautiful and easy to clean as well.

Are there any other sad people (like me) that clean off the inside of their RS6's (they look great completely clean)?

I have the 5 spoke ones the same as bowfer. Im very pleased with them.

But is it me or do the RS6 wheels make the A3 look a bit more Racey ??
A bit boy Boy racey ?

They remind me of the Ole BBS alooys the old MK3 golfs had all those years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I do like them alot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get some RS6 alloys, then take them straight off and put some BBS on. Get the RS6s sold on fleebay to recover some of the money.

BBS ?
Aren't those the awful criss-cross alloys you used to see on older BMW's ?
The front ones were invariably black,presumably because they were a pain to clean.

you mean these?

normal_Audi%20S4%20Cab.jpg

Had them on my GTTDI and they were an absolute fecker to clean. Small gaps that you could only jam a toothbrush into, and lots of little torx bolts holding the splits together.

Anyone seen an A3 with the A8 18s? I think these will suit the car better. I understand they are 18" a8 5-100-112. Will they fit strait on or not?

13507020_1_detail.jpg

Do you mean these. I've seen these on a new A3 in Chelsea. Very nice, you're right, suited the car very well indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif