Any S3 owners close to York area with an S3 around the 2008--12

John ler

Reaction score
Hi looking to see if there are any S3 owners that own an s3 2008-11 ish that live close to me near York Harrogate
if so please send me a pm thanks

Care to expand on the request?

Would help replies if he posted this initially, as some maybe wouldn't have the time or the setup to help.

Reactions: Phil-1 and Sandra
I'm in the leeds area if that's any help standard s3 2011

im after some to just come and sit there car at the side of this one ive bought so i can look at one side by side to make sure i have all the relays in the right place and just a look around mine against another , cheers cars near wetherby

thanks Phil that's right and sorry i should maybe have said a little more sorry guys

Get someone to post up pics of there relay boards, but you need the same engine code & year tbh as something's change between codes/years, so may not match entirely unless its got identical codes & years.

Has yours been repaired?

I have asked mine is the cdl engine normally in the 2008/9--2011/12
I don't think it was fitted any earlier than that or later than 12 thanks , long story I bought this car that needed work doing to it ie thought I might have to chuck an engine in it and when it arrived it had electrical faults, sorted some out that was the reason for fuses blowing when a new one was fitted, but just found out last night it has had a 21,000 mile engine fitted and also another ecu and clocks from the car that the engine came from, I couldn't understand why the miles where lower than I've traced it to be, but now the car will not start, and I have no lit up clusters , so I think it will some how need everything coding up to match everything in car and maybe ecu sending off for tests and clocks !! Not sure what I can do to them

To check all that with someone else's car will require a fair few hours tbh, best to get pics of fuse holders for side of drivers dash & under bonnet.

So you saying your vin comes back as a cdl engine should be fitted, so what is fitted now, cdl again or you don't know?

Can I just confirm what year your vin shows as?

im out that way on saturday mate only thing is mine is 58 plate pre facelift model so probs slight differences to a facelift

Hi 2009 59 plate engine that it's meant to have fitted is the same as in it now, the car had gone through a deep puddle or flood what every anyone wants to call it, the previous owner said when he drove through it, the car stalled and he tried to start it a couple of times but wouldn't start, so my gues is the engine had hydroliced, I had priced a brand new engine from audi before buying the car, @ a cost of £2500 inc vat, so my thoughts where if all else fails with and engine rebuild I would buy new instead of second hand unit, but now I no it's had a engine fitted I don't see the point in changing it for a new one now, even though I would have liked to had gone down that route, I fairly good that way and have been repairing cars for over 20 years, but the diagnostic side of this just go's over my head, I'm lost when it comes to this, first I thought engine ecu may have got water into it , but since I've taken that apart and there no signs of that, and nothing looking overheated or burnt, the biggest thing I can't understand is the cluster not lighting up, at all unless you push the left hand rest button under the rev's the it will only light the 2 lower digital clock type things up, I'm not shore how to work the vagcom and which one to download, I've just bought a replacement laptop to have a go, I had cleared fault on my old bmw M3 before but the bag come looks quite different to that, I do have a cable I bought a few years back that I was told was a gen Ross-tech one, but I'm not that sure now, as it doesn't have the stickers on it, ( not one of the blue ones) can I ask if a snap-on one doesn't comunicat , why will a vagcom one work , do they send power through the lead into the obd port so the modules can be read, sorry to ask a lot and sound dumb, but it must say I do feel a bit that way with it, cheers all