A3 fuel filter confusion and bulbs

monster_munch

Reaction score
I am having my A3 serviced next week, and doing my air and fuel filters myself afterwards.
I have done the air filter before, and read the fuel filter change isnt too involving.
I've come to order the fuel filter, and there seems to be several different sizes, all seemingly correct for my car.

AUDI A3 GENUINE FUEL FILTER 1K0127434A | eBay

GENUINE AUDI A3 (04-) 1.9TDI / 2.0TDI FUEL FILTER | eBay

Audi A3 8P 2.0 Diesel 142mm High MANN Fuel Filter Genuine Car Service Part | eBay

The first 2 links to ebay, when I fill in my car details, it says it isnt suitable, yet it is suitable for 2004 onwards.

I have a 53 plate 2.0 TDI 140 with BKD engine.

If someone could just let me know which is correct, or send me a link to the definite correct one, that would be great.

Also, whats the opinion of fitting aftermarket bulbs, like Philips Night Vision Plus, or Osram Nightbreakers? Not for asthaetic reasons, just for the extra light, if the hype is to be believed.

Cheers.

You need to check the label on the side of your fuel filter housing. It has a part number on there, with that part number you can then find the correct filter.

As for bulbs, if you're not fussed about the colour then i've used halfords ultra brilliance bulbs which have been pretty good for light output. Im currently using some h7s from t8ups that are more of a pure white to match with my sidelights. If it wasnt for that i'd probs still be using the ultra brilliance bulbs