Slight problem with s3

Gfermer

Reaction score
Was out tonight car seemed to hesitate a little at about 4k a few times then go pulled fine in 2nd then 3rd and 4th done it a couple of times revs went up a little and back again but seems ok now I'm currently running a custom stage 1 map basically stage 2 on standard clutch car has only done 16800 miles tho could it be clutch? Pulls no problem and drives fine I've not been launching it or anything hardly been out in it but gave it a good blast yesterday, any ideas ?

Doesnt sound like the clutch Graeme as you would know if it was clutch slip straight away. I would see what happens and if it does it again then do a little invest.

Cheers mark it was weird like car wasn't loosing power just feel it slightly and rev counter only moved up a little and back couple times then car took off as normal but only in 3rd and 4th but seemed to sort itself I'll take it out again the mora see what happens

Cheers mark it was weird like car wasn't loosing power just feel it slightly and rev counter only moved up a little and back couple times then car took off as normal but only in 3rd and 4th but seemed to sort itself I'll take it out again the mora see what happens

Exactly what mine did when the clutch went on previous S3 and MK5 Golf (both Stage 1).

I'll go out for another spin this weekend and see if it does the same Not to bothered if it is clutch would
Rather it be as I'm going stage 3 soon as possible and have a group buy for a new clutch in couple weeks

Had a basic stage 1 put on mine at 40000 miles and at around 45000 it started doing exactly this. To start with, like you say, around 4000k the revs would rise about 500rpm and return to normal and then still pull through the rev range fine. I've seen many people say the same and by the looks this is typically the start of your clutch starting to let go. Mine just worsened slowly till I got round to specing up. If you avoid loading the car up at lower revs it will last you a lot longer. Mine was typically worse in 5th and 6th at lower revs high boost where load is highest on the clutch.

Had a basic stage 1 put on mine at 40000 miles and at around 45000 it started doing exactly this. To start with, like you say, around 4000k the revs would rise about 500rpm and return to normal and then still pull through the rev range fine. I've seen many people say the same and by the looks this is typically the start of your clutch starting to let go. Mine just worsened slowly till I got round to specing up. If you avoid loading the car up at lower revs it will last you a lot longer. Mine was typically worse in 5th and 6th at lower revs high boost where load is highest on the clutch.

Exactly the same as mine! Standard clutches are sh!t

Quite happy for it to be the clutch tbh as said I'm planning on getting one anyways so will just push for me to get it quicker :) I did have it out the day before and wasn't exactly taking it easy don't launch it or that so was expecting a bit more life out of it but aww well, car still pulls pretty good and drives fine just in 3rd and 4th I seems to slip a bit so can still use it and just take it easy won't damage anything els with the clutch on its way out ? Or stress anything els ?