HELP!!! Revving when stationary, lumpy sound

cheers :) so just try and avoid driving it but it shouldnt blow up if i do? gonna be doing bout 225 miles by next sat :/ n more if go to AMD just worried it will blow up :(

It may develop a mis-fire at worst i'd say, i cant advise running it like it is, cant imagine its particularly good for it.

Im sure all will be ok...**touch wood**.

imagine the amount of people not 'in the know' of these problems, would run them for years no doubt in a poor state.

81267117.jpg

cheers my mate has vagcom and may be around sunday but not for definate, how much would u want and where are u?X

Genuinely had a busier night on here than my day at work today!! hahahaha

cheers my mate has vagcom and may be around sunday but not for definate, how much would u want and where are u?X

I work for a main dealer in Worcester, its not gonna be any cheaper coming all this way, cost you 9 million quid on fuel. No idea on labour costs, the service dept deals with that side of things.

had this error when plugged into VCDS still idling rough and exhaust popping almost

1 Fault Found:

001287 - Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected. P0507 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100001 Fault Priority: 0 Fault Frequency: 5 Mileage: 83438 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2014.01.01 Time: 20:08:00

had this error when plugged into VCDS still idling rough and exhaust popping almost

1 Fault Found:

001287 - Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected. P0507 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00100001 Fault Priority: 0 Fault Frequency: 5 Mileage: 83438 km Time Indication: 0 Date: 2014.01.01 Time: 20:08:00

16891/P0507/001287 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Crankcase breather valve i.e PCV......

Try this : If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.

thanks i just didnt wanna get it changed spent £110 and then it turn out not to be that, when you said the DV audi questioned which one i said i dont know? mentioned the turbo?

I drove around for a while with a knackered DV and that sounded as described, a whistle/woosh from behind the steering wheel or driver's footwell when on boost.

thanks i just didnt wanna get it changed spent £110 and then it turn out not to be that, when you said the DV audi questioned which one i said i dont know? mentioned the turbo?

Your DV is right by the turbo as your car is a K03. Later K04 cars they moved right it to the front.

And DV isn't the commonly associated word within a main dealer, they'll just go "you what?"

Just shout them the part number and they'll order it.

thanks :) so might not be DV then, gonna book in for the PCV and take it from there, how long did u drive? cant get to a garage till sat n gonna do max of 250 miles, sstarting to like pop the exahust almost

Your DV is right by the turbo as your car is a K03. Later K04 cars they moved right it to the front.

thanks he said is it the turbo one or other one n i shrugged almost

Reactions: mjr901
thanks he said is it the turbo one or other one n i shrugged almost

I did say further up the other day in post 16 lol

On a K03 turbo car(like yours) the diverter valve sits right by the turbo,unlike on a later K04 turbo car, where its right near the front.

Incidentally, if the funds allow, buy the new revised DV. You could be losing out on a fair bit of performance.

I don't have anything to add to this thread other than to say I think mrj901 has been a great help to this young damsel in distress... Good having people like you on the forum sir!

Reactions: mjr901
he definately has! thanks, will look into it might have to be another time though! he confused me (guy at audi) when he asked whcih one lol, calling them tomorrow, just hope it lasts till sat....

I don't have anything to add to this thread other than to say I think mrj901 has been a great help to this young damsel in distress... Good having people like you on the forum sir!

:salute:

The mrs is watching some reality TV crap and lately Its almost leading me to run at the TV headfirst, so if it wasn't for this forum, I'd be in Argos buying a new TV everyday.

So really, thankyou "magic123"!!

Reactions: stetheo
haha could be expensive ;) no thankyou so much hope it solves it! which im sure it will xx

haha could be expensive ;) no thankyou so much hope it solves it! which im sure it will xx

If it doesn't, I will cry.

Then I'd ruin the TV.

Although, I am extremely confident with this one.

haha you and me both! AMD want more than audi for the parts and fitting lol

haha you and me both! AMD want more than audi for the parts and fitting lol

More eyelid fluttering action needed. Unlike AMD to charge more than main dealer....did you tell them this? Even if they could match Audi's price id sooner take it to AMD.

i emailed them back today saying that, haha, charging nearly double for the DV, well audi is about 1mile away from work, AMD is 90mile round trip :( or i can get my mechanic to fit it sat for me, dont know if it will last 250 miles?

i emailed them back today saying that, haha, charging nearly double for the DV, well audi is about 1mile away from work, AMD is 90mile round trip :( or i can get my mechanic to fit it sat for me, dont know if it will last 250 miles?

Worst scenario i'd say would be a very occasional miss-fire and to clean or replace each spark plug (depending on when they were last changed and ofcourse budget) as they may get sooted a little sooner running with uneven idle and in-proper vacuum.

Highly doubt any of that is necessary though. Sleep easy.

thankyou :) they were done mid 2012 last time (before i owned it) thanks just worried its gonna blow up on me dont like seeing or hearing my beast ill :(

me again.... PCV and DV being changed for £130 on sat, also just noticed that my haldex filter has never been changed, cars a 56 plate with 51k on the clock, would you just get oil changed or the oil and filter? any recommendations on oil brand? (what strength) transmission oil?? cheers from clueless ;)

I'll update this thread, worked hard on it and she must have forgotten to!

PM'd her a while back. As below.

mjr901 said:
I hope all is fixed?

magic123 said:
It is thankyou very much :) got the DV done too, runs like a dream now and the tsssh noise has gone, got it done for £130 for PCV, DV and fitting, got its haldex oil and filter doing this fri at audi

FYI.

PCV valve has been revised yet again to 06F 129 101 R (Feb 2014)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: s3_trev
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've been scouring this forum and a lot of others but no one seems to have the same probem as me lol :/

My car is a 55 (06) plate A3 1.9tdi, BKC engine code with 120k on the clock.

I've realised when my car is idle my revs will rise from approx 850-900 rpm and sit on 1000rmp (just a little above). This can be from a cold start, when i start the car first thing in morning the revs will rise and as the engine warms up it'll auto-rev to 1000rpm every time i sit at idle. When the revs do rise if i press the accelerator it'll drop back to 850rmp only to rise a few seconds later.
Ive also realised every time the car revs the fans kick in for about 30-45 seconds and then stop but the revs will stay at 1000rpm. I have checked battery voltage and its not a bad battery causing it.

Theres no codes apart from glow plugs which i don't think should effect the rpm, so not sure what it is, any help would be much appreciated lads. Thanks