Replacement HeadUnit for A3 (2010)

newbieboyy

Reaction score
So i have just purchased a 2010 A3 Sportback and I am looking at replacing the head unit.

I want Sat Nav and bluetooth and the RNS-E with bluetooth was favourite until i stumbled across a few others.

Has anyone else got any experience of the following?!

Zenec ZE-NC3131D

Pros: Fully interoperable with the FIS and native Canbus systems. Cheaper than the RNS-E with Bluetooth module. Simple out with the old, in with the new and go.

Cons: Never heard of them before?!

Alpine INE-W925R DAB Navigation

Pros: Alpine! Apparently May work with the FIS systems.

Cons - Not sure if works with the FIS - More expensive

Any thoughts opinions and/or experience?

The issue with aftermarkets are compatibility with existing systems, like mfsw, radio antenna systems & dis displays.

Some systems say they are but fall short, some have adapter modules to translate signals & also fall short.

So yes some of these do seem a bargain & if you can get past some of the hiccups it may suit your needs.

However, if you want complete compatibility then oem is the way forward.

We offer oem systems like rns-e, bt etc & can supply/fit the lot exactly as factory :)

The Zenec is a direct replacement and retains all of the OEM system parts including FIS display.

OEM is way to pricey i think.. Sadly!

The Zenec is £700?

I paid under £500 for my MK2 LED rnse after all adapters etc. Maybe i just got an unbelievable deal...?

Zenec is £699 + £42 for the iPod connector.

The RNS-E needs a separate Bluetooth module and that is what pushes the prices up so much. Plus I'm comparing second hand RNS-E to brand new Zenec

Ahh my bad. How much is the BT unit then?

Hmm that is quite steep. I would still stretch and get rnse. Even if you match the functionality, you'll never match the look and feel of the Audi rnse, I don't think. Whatever you do keep us updated!

OEM is the way to go.

And it just so happens I have a glossy black surround 2010 RNSE coming up for sale very soon from my A3 if interested?

OEM is the way to go.

And it just so happens I have a glossy black surround 2010 RNSE coming up for sale very soon from my A3 if interested?

Hi mate are you still going to be looking to sell this? I am on the hunt for an RNSE unit in the near future..