Options for sorting out a scratch/faded paintwork

Jordan427

Reaction score
Hi all,

My car has a scratch which is about 3" long. It was there when I got the car and it seems the previous owner tried to sort it out but whatever he used has sort of washed out the paintwork as you can see from the pics.

What's my best options for restoring this? I think the colour is lava grey, I obviously want to avoid making the same mistake he did!
20131229 13165220131229 13164620131229 131711

Thanks all

mates just got worse out by wet sanding then polisihing, he's a detailer so knows what to do

Really depends on how deep the scratch is.
Can u feel it with ur nail?
Hopefully it isn't all the way through the clear coat and it can be polished out.
Pop in to a detailer to get their opinion.
Either that or but a DAS polisher and have a crack urself.
Plenty sticky guides on detailing section, detailing world and YouTube ( junkman2000) is worth a look to show you how to use a polisher ;)

Reactions: wuta3
Looks like it has been sanded and not polished back but scratch may be deeper than the clearcoat

Thanks all, I can't really feel it when I run my finger nail over it. I guess it's a job for a professional though...how much you reckon something like that would cost to fix? Or is it a case of 'how long's a piece of string'?

I've fixed much worse looking TBH, my mates car below - he was told it could only be fixed by paint, and getting stupid quotes...

He left it with me for a few hours, and I think I done a pretty good job wet sanding it and polishing back.

before:

IMG_5822Copy.jpg

after:

IMG_5836Copy.jpg

it's pretty straight forward for any decent detailer... but they have to run a business, so how much would it cost??? no idea... £50 - £80??????

That's a great improvement cueball. What did you use for the job?