Thinking of charging my 3.2

Mgharris2182

Reaction score
Hi guys . Sorry if in wrong area but I haven't a section suitable I didn't think. Want some advise on performance..

I've got an a3 3.2. I'm thinking of charging it using TRD supercharger kit. Stage3 which puts out 400hp. Ish

How would this compare against an rs3 for performance. ( I've test drove one of them and would love. But alas I'm not likely to have 30k spare any time soon)

I've read about pluses for turbo ing etc but I want the least invasive and what would suit the 3.2. Think the progressiveness of a charger would be really nice.

I've read as much as I can but there really isn't a great deal about to read. Before anyone says sell mine buy an s3. I don't want to. I love the v6 noise which is why I've got this over an s3. Knowing full well it was going to be more expensive. Any one know of anyone that's had the TRD kit fitted. Please with results?

Don't think many people have done this, deckeds3 may have, and rs3/s3 replica in white has.

Not many a3 owners did this, but i have read quite a few r32 owners have, so asking on golf forums might get you better feedback!

Have a little read of the advert here where a trd r32 owner gives a lovely little description :
The installation really is a master piece of engineering and it drives so, so well - you can't tell its charged in normal driving until you give it the beans and it goes like hell. It pulls so well in every gear and has been up to 160 MPH in Germany - Greg did this - I bottled it at 150MPH but it still had bags of pull left. No lag at all just a lovely whine and the rumble of the V6 through the non-resonated Milltek. I get 30MPG on a run and average 25MPG which is pretty darn good for this sort of power on tap!

Greg Howell's Supercharged MK5 R32 - 390BHP, 19" ABT, KW, Milltek, Hi Spec... - NOW SOLD - Mk5 Golf & Jetta - Edition 38 Forums

DeckedS3 had a supercharged R32 if i remember correctly. Think hes enjoying his BT S3 more however!

i would turbo charge it , you get 500+ HP out of it though unsure how the rods on that 3.2 do.. but that kit is a straight bolt with everything, getting the same kit for my 2.0 TQ myself

CTS MK5 R32 STAGE 3 TURBO KIT

i would turbo charge it , you get 500+ HP out of it though unsure how the rods on that 3.2 do.. but that kit is a straight bolt with everything, getting the same kit for my 2.0 TQ myself

CTS MK5 R32 STAGE 3 TURBO KIT

Is there not issues as it's for a ldh car?

One reason I was looking at charging over turbo ing was the cost of the kits in the UK

I don't have 10k plus vat and labour to have a kit fitted.

it is for LHD and RHD cars, usp can always help you in relation to the VAT i know in OZ. if its under 1000 AUD then its all good if overyou pay but USP can put the cost for you at 800-900$ USD which shouldnt get you worried, i would go turbo over supercharged as they dont seem to be as good as the ones on a bmw m3 or rs4 b7 for instance