Oil consumption on 2011 S3?

Fritz-s3

Reaction score
Been doing some research as i'm knew to the audi scene and read that the 2.0 tfsi is prone to consuming oil. After reading this thought I should check mine and oil level half way between low and full. My S3 is on longlife service so had oil change a year ago so probably not too bad but my previous tuned focus RS never used any. What causes these engines to consume oil? Would an uprated PCV improve things? How much is oil for the S3 from audi?

I think it's quite expensive from audi bud. They sell it in 1l bottles I think.
Some buy oil from TPS etc as it's much cheaper.

Thats not using oil if its only halfway after a year! lol. I can see why you would think it is though if your old Ford didn't use any at all.
My 2011 S3 has used 0.4 litres in 5k miles since June when it had its last service.
EDIT: edited to ask you, do you not check fluids and tyres every week? This is something I am very anal about. I always check fluids and tyres once per week without fail. I can't believe a lot of ppl don't even bother looking until a ****** light comes on the dash!

but doesnt the car constantly check the oil levels itself?

i.e. that oil service indicator. or am i getting it wrong.

iv never checked either oil or tyres since owning the car in july :/
Im a bad man.

Been doing some research as i'm knew to the audi scene and read that the 2.0 tfsi is prone to consuming oil. After reading this thought I should check mine and oil level half way between low and full. My S3 is on longlife service so had oil change a year ago so probably not too bad but my previous tuned focus RS never used any. What causes these engines to consume oil? Would an uprated PCV improve things? How much is oil for the S3 from audi?

I'd avoid the long life service schedule,or at least have the oil changed maybe half way through the intervals.

I did it once,and the stuff that comes out at the end of an interval is pretty nasty.

One problem is that some eat oil,and others barely sip it,and you don't know until you've got one or the other,although the PCV system is another issue altogether,as it feeds oil vapour and rubbish back into the inlet,and can lead to the intake valves coking up.

If you intend to tune it at all,it's worth getting a catch can system fitted.

Thats not using oil if its only halfway after a year! lol. I can see why you would think it is though if your old Ford didn't use any at all.
My 2011 S3 has used 0.4 litres in 5k miles since June when it had its last service.
EDIT: edited to ask you, do you not check fluids and tyres every week? This is something I am very anal about. I always check fluids and tyres once per week without fail. I can't believe a lot of ppl don't even bother looking until a ****** light comes on the dash!
Only owned car for about a month and the car had audi health check before i picked it up and everything was fine then. Doesn't appear to have used much but will religiously check it like yourself from now on after doing some research on oil consumption.
Think i'll get it serviced before indicator because it's still showing another 8k miles until service which would be about a year and a half since last oil change.
Read that the 2.0 tfsi suffers from oil consumption, is S3 engine the same or does it have different pistons etc?

Mine gets serviced at Audi using long life oil but I get it done every 6/7k.
I wouldn't buy a car that has been on long life services.
Mine is on 30k now and I've never had to top up between changes.
My MK4 Golf GTI 2.0 8v however uses around a 1l every 1000 miles lol.