Help S3 (8p) fuse 5 keeps blowing,

John ler

Reaction score
Hi guys not sure if this is in the right section ,but I have a problem fuse 5 in the fuse box inside drivers door area Keeps blowing straight away ( not after doing anything) a soon as I put a fuse in its gone,
pim trying to find out what runs from it, I no the clusters do as it says that on the door, but even after removing them it still go's can anyone help or point me in the right direction. I'm thinking a trapped wire or something else faulty but just need to no if it feeds anything else, thanks

Hi guys not sure if this is in the right section ,but I have a problem fuse 5 in the fuse box inside drivers door area Keeps blowing straight away ( not after doing anything) a soon as I put a fuse in its gone,
pim trying to find out what runs from it, I no the clusters do as it says that on the door, but even after removing them it still go's can anyone help or point me in the right direction. I'm thinking a trapped wire or something else faulty but just need to no if it feeds anything else, thanks

Hi what does the manual say fuse 5 protects as you could start by disconnecting each consumer ,I don't have my manual to hand but a stab in the dark would be a coin dropped in the lighter socket if it's protected by that fuse.

Thanks for reply, I don't have a manual , and I've disconnected the cig lighter, just need to no what's connected the fuse as it must have an earth to it somehow cheers

I can't find anywhere on line where I can download a user manual for free, and I've only got use on an ipad as laptop packed up on me

Is that the fuse 8 inside the car or under the bonnet, I've been searching for ****** hours , but found out that the S3 fuse layout is different to other models thanks
It's a red and yellow wire that's at fault I think and it a thick wire so must carry quite some power or feed quite a lot

Thanks I haven't checked wiper/ motor so ill discontent that tomorrow when I can get to it thanks for you help john

Commonly with ac it could be your compressor clutch coil or the regulating valve on the compressor or the wiring rubbed through
If that fuse supplies the climate

also you could do a scan with vcds and see what it says.

So if I disconnect power to the compressor should that tell me, the climate control in car works ok so that part can't be come ted to it cheers , big help this

Sorted this now, was wires in passenger side window motor had burt together, must have been an overload or something

Thanks for your help guys