• 1 Post By stetheo
  • 2 Post By stetheo
  • 1 Post By Denty

Thread: Is this a good swap,? advice pls - my S3 8p for a 2009 ttrs + £13400

1st Gear

Status

Cool Is this a good swap,? advice pls - my S3 8p for a 2009 ttrs + £13400

Hi all,

As above really. Thinking about part exing my s3 for a ttrs with 44k miles, daytona grey, sat nav, ext leather pack (not buckets but nice sports seats) fash etc etc. They want my car plus £13400. i will be putting the orignal s3 wheels, intake and rear lights back on the s3. There also happy for me keep my buckets as long as i replace them with any audi black leathers which is a touch...

As a side note - anybody got any black leather fronts seats for sale in case i go through with the swap..

Does it sound like a good deal? Also how much approx do you think ttrs in general will decrease in the next 3 years considering the new shape tt is out next year...

cheers dudes & dudettes
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I would work out much your S3 is worth by going on Pistonheads or AutoTrader, then do the same for the TTRS and work out the prices asd see if your getting a good deal.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Jnr View Post
    I would work out much your S3 is worth by going on Pistonheads or AutoTrader, then do the same for the TTRS and work out the prices asd see if your getting a good deal.
    +1
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

1st Gear

Status
    Just looked on piston heads and seems about right give or take a bag or two especially if i keep the buckets but i just cant make my mind up if i should go thru with the deal or not..

Never really saw myself in a TT ever but im so desperate for the amazing 5 cylinders mated to a manual box i can almost forgive the hairdresser TT looks. As we know the RS looks far better & more aggressive over a standard TT so i do quite fancy it looks wise in lots of ways but its all about the engine for me, not much room in the back tho and will need to fit a baby seat in there occasionally..s
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

: 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Sounds to me like your already talking yourself out of it which in my eyes gives you the answer.
    Drive it, try it for practicality and see what you think. There is a pros and cons to every car anyone ever wants but just pick what's right for you to live with when your using it every day. Your the only who knows the answer to your question

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    If you're talking yourself out of it rather than coming up with any possible reason to justify it, then you should probably walk away. Not that you're not getting a good deal, you just don't seem set on the TT (even if it is an RS).
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

1st Gear

Status
    I just cant decide! they do look nice in daytona grey....i usually like black cars,,, arghh decisions, its a nice decision to make but tough as ive had my s3 for 5 years now and very attached to it etc buy i do fancy a change...

When the new shape TT comes out early next year to reflect the new a3/s3 8V do people think the current shape TTRS will drop in value a lot or will it hold its value being an RS and also as audi prob wont bring out a mk3 TTRS for a few years...?

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    The TTRS should hold it's value much better than a normal TT, due to the RS replacement not even being confirmed yet (I think, I don't remember seeing it anyway) and the TTRS is already somewhat of a 'cult classic' so even when/if the next TTRS shows up the current ones will likely not take as big.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    The TTRS should hold it's value much better than a normal TT, due to the RS replacement not even being confirmed yet (I think, I don't remember seeing it anyway) and the TTRS is already somewhat of a 'cult classic' so even when/if the next TTRS shows up the current ones will likely not take as big.
    ok thanks man

3rd Gear

Status
    you will regret giving up your present car. I have never liked the tt in any form so I am biased. sportback or die for me

Short Back

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Denty View Post
    Just looked on piston heads and seems about right give or take a bag or two especially if i keep the buckets but i just cant make my mind up if i should go thru with the deal or not..

Never really saw myself in a TT ever but im so desperate for the amazing 5 cylinders mated to a manual box i can almost forgive the hairdresser TT looks. As we know the RS looks far better & more aggressive over a standard TT so i do quite fancy it looks wise in lots of ways but its all about the engine for me, not much room in the back tho and will need to fit a baby seat in there occasionally..s
    I wouldn't if Baby wares are going to be a consideration personally - the novelty will soon wear off when the stroller won't fit in the boot with the shopping.

But the decision is ultimately yours and since you can handle the hairdresser comments ...I'll have a short back & sides please.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

since you can handle the hairdresser comments ...I'll have a short back & sides please. [/QUOTE]

Don't think it's the kind of man's man hairdresser to be doing a short back and sides working in a barbers lol

3rd Gear

Status
    What about waiting for the RS3's to be in your price range? Then get the engine as well as space for the car to be practical. However don't think there are manual RS3's
    S3 Sportback

2nd Gear

Status
    The TTRS is no girls car, who cares when it sounds that good and shifts.

Maybe this will help - **TTRS** Project 750hp
    Denty likes this.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stetheo View Post
    The TTRS is no girls car, who cares when it sounds that good and shifts.

Maybe this will help - **TTRS** Project 750hp
    Good to see Pov's car back on the road,but both that and JC's old car were a long time in coming.

What anyone contemplating that does need to know is the costs involved.....look at around £20k after fitting,and you would be in the right area,and also dont forget brakes and suspension.

That lot makes a Stg2 software upgrade look like extremely good value for 450bhp.

2nd Gear

Status
    Agreed - large costs involved, I was just demonstrating that a TTRS is a fantastic car, even a stage one with 400bhp.

The 2.5 pot is a great engine.
    Denty and S3Alex like this.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked666 View Post
    What about waiting for the RS3's to be in your price range? Then get the engine as well as space for the car to be practical. However don't think there are manual RS3's
    No maunual for rs3 yet - i would wait a bit longer and take a rs3 manual over the tttrs defo... but the ttrs does look proper knarly in daytona grey!

1st Gear

Status
    Just thought i mention i ended up part X'ing my S3 for a manual 2010 TTRS and im LOVING it! Babba seat fits fine in the back aswell with the chick up front. First thoughts are the RS feels a fair bit nimbler around the corners but what im loving more than anything is the 5 cyliner growl....! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat sound !!!!! mmmmmmm Strangley better mpg than the s3 aswell.... sure that'll change once i start mapping n modding!!

Peace to all vag addicts.
    kanecullen89 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just thought i mention i ended up part X'ing my S3 for a manual 2010 TTRS and im LOVING it! Babba seat fits fine in the back aswell with the chick up front. First thoughts are the RS feels a fair bit nimbler around the corners but what im loving more than anything is the 5 cyliner growl....! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat sound !!!!! mmmmmmm Strangley better mpg than the s3 aswell.... sure that'll change once i start mapping n modding!!

Peace to all vag addicts.
    First thing you need to do is have the milltek bypass pipes fitted makes the growl even better. I have a few RS parts left give me a pm if your interested. I have a forge front mount intercooler and milltek bypass pipes.
    New Car
    Audi S3 Sprint Blue Oscarli Stage 2+
    Old Cars

Audi TTRS 2010 Phantom Black Oscarli Stage 1
    Audi S3 2009 Facelift Ibis White (Recaro Buckets)
    Audi S3 2009 Pre-Facelift Solar Orange Oscarli Stage 2
    Audi A1 185 2011 White

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Morells View Post
    First thing you need to do is have the milltek bypass pipes fitted makes the growl even better. I have a few RS parts left give me a pm if your interested. I have a forge front mount intercooler and milltek bypass pipes.
    Sweet, how much for the pipes m8?

Thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Sweet, how much for the pipes m8?

Thanks
    PM'd sorry for late reply went out with the mrs for a meal
    New Car
    Audi S3 Sprint Blue Oscarli Stage 2+
    Old Cars

Audi TTRS 2010 Phantom Black Oscarli Stage 1
    Audi S3 2009 Facelift Ibis White (Recaro Buckets)
    Audi S3 2009 Pre-Facelift Solar Orange Oscarli Stage 2
    Audi A1 185 2011 White

1st Gear

Status
    I am not sure why the TT has such bad press regarding the hairdressers. My son has a 2008 2.0 TT in brilliant red to match my S3 and I like the TT design very much. The car is a very nice place to be and with its stage 1 remap it goes well. I am considering a pre owned TTRS as a result and it must go like stink. I went to see a Misano red one a couple of weeks ago and it had just been sold. If not sold then I would have bought it as it looked mint

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I don't think the hairdresser part is bad press, more of a historical joke from the original shape and cabriolets in general.
    I think they are awesome cars too, bet they handle epic and go like the clappers. The worst thing about cars is people have different tastes and like to give their opinion more on personal preference rather than knowledge of the car (in general, obviously not everyone)

Stop me

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Morells View Post
    What a salesman!

TT is still a hairdressers car, I see one regularly on my drive to work. You know the sort, top down and sunglasses on when it's still dark and 3 degrees.

TTRS on the other hand is definitely not a hairdressers car
    2006 A3 2.0TDI 170 S Line Mauritius Blue
    Bluetooth | RNSE | MFSW | BOSE | DRL | Xenon Plus | Half Leather | Heated Seats | Parking Sensors