Audi s3 rnse displaying s3 on start up?

Keane

Reaction score
I've got the older model rnse and when I turn the car on it says s3 media ect ect. I'm looking too buy the later led version and replace the old one. Bit sad but will it still say s3 mmi when I turn ignition on ??

It is coded with VCDS...

It can simply be recoded to display a different startup screen, sorry can't remember off the top of head but about 5 or 6 different startup variations

It could well have been out of an S3 if not original to your car or someone could have just changed it!

Cheers pal :) also if anyone knows. how do I go about getting the code from the rnse that was fitted from factory in my car ?

Just noticed it says S3 because it is in an S3 - Dur!!! Been a long day! But they can all be changed!

You'll need the code either from the RNSE book supplied with the car/security card or from Audi & you'll need security codes for the car and all sorts to get it out of them...

You'll only need it to sell it on, if you take it out and refit your car will remember it and won't normally ask for the code

Cheers :) I have an rsne already but just brought a newer version so will sell my older one hence the questions. Okay thanks (y) will check the manuals ect as I'm 100% sure the current rsne has been in from new, so I'm guessing will be in the folder somewhere.. On a little card ?

Take the car in to Audi and they can get your current unit's code. You need the chassis number and unit's serial number, but if you take the car in with the unit installed they just have to plug in their diagnostic system to get the code.

Cheers for your help lads. Found the security card with the serial number and code so it's all good too sell if anyone's interested 👍