Differences Between 2.0T Remapped & Stock, See Below

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
HI all,

Having my 2.0TQ Revo'd Half Way Through Feb.

Need my steering reack sorting first and my thrid puncture in 4 months.

However does anyone have any videos or can anyone make any videos of their 2.0T remapped?

What noises / comparisons can you distinguish?

AM I Safe to have it remapped with a switch SPS?

David Mann

The Revo remap has nothing to do with an SPS switch.

The SPS is purely a means of switching between maps or adusting settings in the map which is already in the ecu,

I'm not sure what a video of a remapped 2.0T will give you, what are you expecting to see?

It will sound like the existing car, but it will go a hell of a lot faster!

Yes, its just like standard only more so. Admittedly mines not Revo'd but it does go like a bat out of hell now, I'm running Forge's OCT code which is TUV approved. To give you some idea how quick it is once remapped, Superchips own A3 2.0T got tested in Audi driver mag a few months back and gave figures almost identical to an V8 S4 up to 100!!!

[ QUOTE ]
HI all,

However does anyone have any videos or can anyone make any videos of their 2.0T remapped?

David Mann

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of understand what David is getting at - he want's to know how big a grin he is going to get...

He will have read that the power hike lifts him from around 212bhp stock to something around 265bhp/300ft/lb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif but he wants to know what that <font color="blue"> feels </font> like before he parts with £500.....

[ QUOTE ]
HI all,

David Mann

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was Revo'd a couple of months back now, first thing you will notice is the pedal response at small throttle openings, it will perform better for smaller pedal movements (we are still talking small throttle openings here) The rest is quite straight forward, just imagine someone has swapped your 2 litre turbo engine for a 3 litre turbo engine and you will get some idea of what the remapped engine feels like, the midrange torque at 3000rpm rises from 220lb/ft to around 300lb/ft, which is close to 30% more! at this (3000rpm) point it is also making 200bhp, from overlaying various power graphs admittadly from different tuners/rolling roads, the 260ish maximum bhp of the 2.0Tfsi engine is the same as any chipped S3 or TT, the advantage of the extra 200cc and fsi of the 2.0T is that it produces around 20-30bhp MORE than the 1.8T S3/TT at lower rpm (from 2000rpm) which gradually falls away to the same figures as the S3/TT at 6000rpm..............buy it...........enjoy it....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Thanks for the replies.

Defo Having it done. Afer just being told I need a new tyre as the one I have is unrepairable. Someone is screwing Screws into my tyres. Jeolousy!!!! ***. 3 in 3 months - Coinsidence a screw every time?

Need steering rack sorting asap!!!!!

THen to part with £700 for Revo!!!!! I wonder how undectable the software is with an SPS Switch?

Dave

thats my only concern, just how detectable is it?

I thought the SPS switch actually changed the code over each time, which was very appealing, however if it doesnt and simply switches between two codes then the tuned code is in there and can be read by someone.............

The std diagnostic machines used by Audi dealers (5051/2) cannot see the software.

If someone wanted to find it, they could, but they would have to look quite hard, with some fairly complex hardware. Basically you would need to download a complete image of the ecu code and do a bit by bit comparision with a std code image.

Dealers don't have that sort of hardware.

most software code i've ever played around with has a checksum, if the software is changed this will be different, however i can see that on some new ECU's the code thats being changed is a map, which may not be "seen" by standard interfaces, however a bit by bit comparisson wouldn't be needed, just compare the checksum's of the two "maps"

again, you have to ask how likely it is that someone would check this out but it would be better if the code could be reflashed by a SPS type interface IMO

[ QUOTE ]

If someone wanted to find it, they could, but they would have to look quite hard, with some fairly complex hardware.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they could just look at the flash count using VAGCOM... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nope, Revo set the flash count to the same as it was and the checksums are the same (that's why it took Revo 18 months to develop!).

We know that VAG are adding special routines to their new diagnostic equipment and ensured that the maps would still pass the checks.

that's pretty cool, guess the software doenst check the checksum and throw a wobbly when it see's the code does not add up to the checksum? (Enough checking?!)

[ QUOTE ]
that's pretty cool, guess the software doenst check the checksum and throw a wobbly when it see's the code does not add up to the checksum? (Enough checking?!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the boys at AmD have cracked this one too?

they have to in order for the code to work. Theres a program called VAGFIX that you can use to fix your modified codes checksum.

i guess so, else the ecu would just error out,

thing is, if its possible to change its possible to read the changes so i wouldnt stand up in court against it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif