Whats your views on painting wheels???

I

imported_tobycruse

Hello,

Just wanted to throw it out there, i have just spend £400 on new tyers and i was before looking at getting different alloys. But, now i have got the new tyers i wanted to jazz up my current wheels by painting them. What does everyone think about the idea of painting wheels??

I have the 5 spoke design and i was thinking of painting the gaps and the sides of the spokes black, just for that different look.

Ideas / thoughts anyone??

Wait till you've had some good use of the tyres, then treat yourself to a nice set of 18s. Will look good with that drop.

Ok, thanks for your opinions guy, i think i agree!!

Darker lacquer..... i like the idea and sound of that but not really sure where to start.....

Any ideas on exactly what to do??? (being a bit of a novice when it comes to diy, im slowly learning!)

[ QUOTE ]
No offence mate i think you could ruin the look of a classy car.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably depends on the choice of wheel...

A multi-piece wheel with a coloured centre (dark silver / grey centre, polished rim) could look superb...but on a single piece wheel..I doubt it.

Certainly not white, gold etc...

As suggested earlier: wait and go for 18s. Personally, I love the OEM+ look, so perhaps some RS6s or RS4s or B7 RS4s...

a light smoke would look ok IMO, anything else and you end up in chav territory /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No offence mate i think you could ruin the look of a classy car.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably depends on the choice of wheel...

A multi-piece wheel with a coloured centre (dark silver / grey centre, polished rim) could look superb...but on a single piece wheel..I doubt it.

Certainly not white, gold etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree mate, but if you'd read the thread properly you'd see he's on about doing the standard wheels.