My 2.0 FSI back from AMD......

I

imported_tobycruse

As some of you may know I had my car booked into AMD to have a remap and new eibach spring put on for a setting of 45mm lower.

The whole process took about 6 to 7 hours, managed to get some shopping done in that time! AMD were so helpful and friendly, I couldn't have asked for more. They had the new MK 5 Golf R32 there as well...... sexy looking car!!

But anyway, the car I have is a 2.0 FSI, so no turbo so no massive power gains!! I first looked at the car and the rear wheels are almost tucked into the arches!! A very nice look!! So I step in and turn the ignition.

Into 1st, handbrake off and clutch up, accelerator down, immediately I noticed a massive difference, the response is amazing, and the car just wants to go. Pulling out of junctions is made a lot easier by this, not so much throttle needed, it’s a much nicer feeling. The other thing I noticed immediately was how I could feel the road much better, this is obviously to do with the new springs but the feedback in the wheel is a lot firmer, you feel a lot more in control and the car is much quicker to react to your movements. The only down side to this new feeling is that small manoeuvres are now more difficult, by this I mean in a car park or turning a car around, I’m not sure why this is but the wheels just seems stiffer to turn.

On the trip home I thought I’d give the over all power of the car a go, doing 60 I changed into 3rd and floored it, then 4th. 4th was very different, the power, where before it disappeared, just kept coming. More pushed in your seat factor. This was very pleasant, but the overall feel of the car from 0-60 isn’t much different, just it feels more eager to shoot through the rev range, the response when you floor it is much better.

How has this changed my over all driving experience? My once sluggish and sloppy handling car is now much sharper and keen to respond. Very fun to drive indeed, the ride is harder, but in that you gain much more control, a feeling that I like. The visuals of the car are improved by it sitting lower, a more aggressive look.

The over all power increases are as follows:

Bhp Standard: 151.8
Bhp Remapped: 163.8

Bhp increase: 12

Lb ft Standard: 144.5
Lb ft Remapped: 155.1

Lb ft increase: 10.6

Will try and get the print outs as soon as I have found a scanner that works! Here are some pictures of the difference of the ride height.

BEFORE
DSC01121.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

AFTER
DSC01141.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

Sounds like a rather good mod to go for, making hte rider stiffer and also re mapping the engine. Great package /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very good...... Just sitting in my chair thinking now..... What else could I change on this car..... I really cant think of anything, oh, maybe a vortex front spoiler??? Well, we will see how it goes!!