Question for those with bluetooth.

Dandle

Reaction score
Hi I now pick my car up on the first of march and am also due to upgrade my mobile phone at the end of Feb. Ive been looking at the list of phone cradles on the Audi website and there is only a small list, most of which are for phones that you can no longer get. Do any of you guys know where I can get more up to date phone cradles for the audi bluetooth phone prep.

I have found http://www.elanhandsfree.com/elaneu/Car.asp and from what I can gather the list of cradles is the same. Although i'm not 100% that these are the phone kits audi use.

If it's bluetooth, why bother with a cradle?

My aftermarket Parrot kit displays the clid/name of the person calling, battery and signal status and allows direct access to the phone book.

Will the Audi one not do the same in the DIS?

parrot-close.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif picture, sorry.

i've got the Parrot too and its superb, no need to have the phone on the dash......

Don't waste your time with the Audi Bluetooth, buy a Parrot, they are way better.

I looked at the Audi Bluetooth briefly, when I found it would support only prehistoric phones, I dismissed it.

Audi were less than useless in suggesting where support for new phones would come from.

I have the RNS-E with bluetooth, but there is no cradle. The phonebook, missed calls, received calls, dialled numbers and signal strength are all displayed on the RNS-E screen. The caller-id is displayed on the RNS and on the DIS. Why have a cradle for bluetooth? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e272/lwpautz/Audi/album_pic2.jpg

Been in the fortunate position to have tried almost all the carkits on the market with almost all the phones on the market too, the Parrot is very impressive, call quality is superb and the phonebook/CLI integration is excellent

which is the best kit to get ? is it decent sound quality and whats the volume like ?

i've got the 3300 wired through the car stereo (Interestingly the supply was taken from the back of the stereo and includes a switch live from somewhere!!!)

Volume is good but IMO the best parts are the Mic sensitivity (Which can be adjusted in the menu) and the duplex software, very rarely do you get any echo/feedback

The 3100 is apparently identical but without the GPS part

I already have a Parrot CK3100 kit installed in my volvo and I like it alot. The reason I went for the Audi bluetooth kit was that it is synced in with the RNS-E, dis and multifunction wheel, also when the phone is in a cradle it charges the handset and will use the external car aerial (if the phone isnt in the cradle it will use the phone aerial). Where the parrot kit will only ever use the phones aerial which means lower or even no reception in bad coverage areas.

Just been on the phone to Audi UK they are emailing me the latest list and said that the website list is very old and rarely updated.

I put a CK3100 in my A3 and it seems pretty good. The line level output from the green and brown wires feed into the stero and the caller comes over very clear on the speakers. I mounted the display just below the stereo and it's not intrusive when driving.

When on long trips I put my phone on the top of the dash to the right of the wheel for better reception. However, I have used it when I've left my phone in my briefcase and it still works OK if I'm not in a built-up area.

Two minor niggles:

1. The voice-activation never seems to pick up my keyword for making a phone call, but if I just press the green button then it works fine when I say the caller's name and the location at which to call them.

2. There is no ring tone; I just get a beep. When I fiddle with the ring tone volume in settings it does play a ring (sometimes), but for some reason I don't get this when someone rings. Has anyone else had this???

Overall, though, very happy with the kit.

Toby.

What phone are you using with the CK3100? It could be a linkage issue, some phones are more compatible than others.

My V3 Razr works perfectly, reception, everything. I don't use voice mode much, but every time I've used it, its worked.

My display is set up to the right of the speedo, next to the air vent, so its in line of sight, which makes it easy to use the phone book etc.

Sounds to me like the profile on your phone is set to auto answer?

re the voice activation, I thought you HAD to press the green button first? You can't just shout out it and expect it to know you're talking to it rather than shouting at the chav that just cut you up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

it really depends on the phone, moto's are quite good with voice recognition, the only thing is on some of them, the phone also has a voice activation key on them which if you press accidentily (I leave the phone in the compartment by the lighter and everytime you corner the darned thing gets pressed) the stereo mutes, grrrrrrrr

What phone are you using? You can upload new software versions for the parrot too, they are quite good at fixing problems with specific phones and releasing patches

It's a Treo 650 smartphone, which could explain the problem. However, I've uploaded the latest firmware from Parrot so it seems to work fine with everything (although no battery status on the display).

Eeef - I do like to shout when I drive and just occasionally it picks this up as the voice activation keyword! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you look on Voice settings, keywords (or something like that) you can set a keyword for activating the voice recognition. However, it seems a common complaint on the Parrot forum that this doesn't work too well! When I've tried using it with passengers they think I'm mad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I don't think it's on auto answer as the sound on the stereo cuts out and the beep goes until I press green. It might just be something odd with the phone or maybe it is a fault on the kit, but everything else works great.

hmmmm, the Treo doesnt have the best Bluetooth implementations out there but its not the worse, though I never tried voice activation with my one............
with regards to the ring tone, have you tried checking the treo doesnt put you into a car mode when connected via BT over handsfree, mine did and activated another profile with a different tone and it wouldnt play through the carkit?

Thanks Matt. I checked, and under Handsfree in Preferences Auto answer is set to Disabled. I can't see anything regarding car mode though - how do you know if it does this or not?

As for profiles - do you have a profiles app installed on it?

Thanks for the pointers,

Toby.

sorry Toby, I really can't remember, someone else at work has the treo now but i;ll ask them for it bac ktomorrow and see. As far as I know it was a totally standard device and i didn't install any apps to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif T