2010 S3 Black Edition delivered today

sj7272

Reaction score
Just got my new car today, bought it blind(well from email pics)Ibis white, carbon wrapped roof, love it!It's a shame I have found a few snags though!Couple obvious stone chips but already getting sorted but after the delivery guy left of course I go and find other stuff!!Firstly was a split/scratch in the vinyl on the roof!Interesting as the dealer I bought it from had had it done?Will see what they suggest but if a touch in doesn't work I might have the wrap removed?Anyway, more of a concern is the driver door mirror.Firstly it looks misaligned and doesn't adjust fully and also the heated and folding functions also aren't working!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 261
Take the wrap off as I have heard the glue can cause damage to the paint work on some cars but depends on who fitted it and how good the quality of the wrap is. And with the mirror defiantly get the dealer to sort that out as it should be working and they didn't tell you about it. Even though it's a second hand car it's still a lot of money for a S3 so make sure it's perfect and that you are happy.

Hi cheers The vinyl is apparently top end 3M stuff as I got a quote to do the spoiler and was very expensive!!Regarding the chips and mirror in particular, I won't be letting it go!

Looks lovely mate, second hand is never going to be 100% but your nuts for buying before seeing/driving in person! I hope that they are helpful enough and just sort out all of the problems for you.

Fair enough, looks nice enough, don't like the carbon wrap if I'm honest, the door mirror may have been knocked and the wires have been damaged or something, will be an easy enough fix!

Weird they fitted the wrap... They hiding something? I'd ask them to remove it.

Reactions: Dean_T, Artimus and IceHanger
HmmmUpon closer inspection I found a contaminate under the vinyl, a tiny bit of something but then add in the scratch/slit and I'm thinking off rather than touch in damage.I do like the look though so will see how it pans out!End of day, I didn't pay for it to be done so if it's removed, no skin off...!!Ooh... See what I did there?!

Might be a blessing in disguise the wrap being scratched... Carbon wrap anything in my opinion is just naff! ... Carbon wrapping mirrors or the likes you could get away with as, they could be items that could possibly be made out of carbon.... Gloss black vinyl on the roof of ibis is nice... Nice car all the same.. Ibis or red is what i'll be going for next

Reactions: RedDejavu
id say remove the wrap. not keen on the carbon fibre roof personally. if there are any nasty surprises underneath it isnt the most expensive job to do. of course I would then be sending them the bill! take plenty of pictures of any damage too. good luck! nice car though :detective2:

Take it back and get them do re-do it in gloss black rather than 3M! Looks so much nicer in gloss black! Out of interest what's the mileage and what did you pay??

Lovely S3, Buddy! I am inclined to agree with the guys though and cannot understand why a dealer would spend more money than they need to, to shift a car. There may be something underneath the roof wrap. It would look SO much better in gloss black, it would give it the look of the panoramic roof. Enjoy it, but don't let the dealer away with anything. You've paid a lot of money for it and it should be pretty much perfect. :wub: Paula xx

You're a brave man buying blind! It looks like a nice car from the outside though.