Flat Bottem Steering Wheel On 8P 2007 Sport TDI

DBoniface

Reaction score
Hi AllI have found someone who is selling the multifunction flat bottem S Line Steering wheel for £180.00!!! it comes with an air bag aswell I was wondering does this fit easily to my car and will the buttons on the steering wheel work?Thanks in advance!!Dan

There is something wrong with that price ! Are you sure the airbag will work ? You could expect to pay at least £350 for wheel and airbag if you're lucky !

Also, unless you have DSG or an ordinary round mfsw then there is no guarantee you will have the correct 'high-line' steering control module for it to work.

I usually see just the Air Bags go for £180 on fleabay

£180 for the wheel and air bag seems to good to be true!

I would get them to confirm all is working and then, as Mike said, you will need to check you have the high-line steering control module to enable the multi-function buttons.

Is the advert on-line? Post a link.

AUDI S3 PARTS FOR SALE CHEAP STEERING WHEEL SAT NAV AND GEAR KNOB IMMACULATE CONDITION | Brighton | Gumtree Thanks for the replies it did seem cheap to me but I was talking to him and in some ways it makes sense others it doesn't, I asked him why he was selling and he claimed his car was stolen and recovered the people who stole it took some bits and left him with a few but surely if I was stealing an S3 the first things I would shift would be the steering wheel, head unit, seats and lights lmao! amateur theifs if that is true .RegardsDan

Definitely stolen ! RNSE MK2 for £300 and wanting a quick sale !! Whole advert seems dodgy to me.

Steer clear ( pun intended !! ) if I were you but don't forget you don't know if you have the correct steering module.

All of the prices he has seem to good to be true!

£180 for a flat bottom multi-function steering wheel from a 2012 is VERY cheap and also £300 for the 2nd-gen RSN-E is very good at that.

As long as you are confident he is 100% legit, then I don't see any problem.

I am always a little wary of adverts on GumTree, are you collecting the parts or asking him to ship? I would never buy anything of GumTree without collecting it with cash, otherwise you have next to no comeback when it all goes tits up! Plus, you never know what your getting or who your meeting!

Just be careful!

AUDI S3 PARTS FOR SALE CHEAP STEERING WHEEL SAT NAV AND GEAR KNOB IMMACULATE CONDITION | Brighton | Gumtree Thanks for the replies it did seem cheap to me but I was talking to him and in some ways it makes sense others it doesn't, I asked him why he was selling and he claimed his car was stolen and recovered the people who stole it took some bits and left him with a few but surely if I was stealing an S3 the first things I would shift would be the steering wheel, head unit, seats and lights lmao! amateur theifs if that is true .RegardsDan

Hi mate, I've been stung by a guy selling a FBMFSW with airbag on gumtree this year, although he was from Lewisham, London. He called himself Jamie Bell, really pleasant guy until he got my cash, then nothing. I'm not saying the guy you maybe buying from is anything like the "crook" I dealt with, but be wairy of to good to be true deals on gumtree, and other sites for that matter. If you can, visit seller and take it from there. This is just my opinion, based on my experience.

Cheers JG

I can go see him either myself or a mate will drive but I know what you mean from a site like that I would rather be at his house receiving the goods and give him money then and if anything does go wrong im only in Essex so aint that far really. Just a pain I don't know if the steering wheel will fit TBH I don't even mind if the button don't work I just really like the way it looks.

Reactions: RS5 JON
The wheel will physically fit ok but the airbag may not work ( when needed ! ) and you may have to do a bit of juggling with the wires to get the horn to work ( which is an MOT requirement ).

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got stung by this same guy ("Sabir Razaq"), in talks with the police about it - try not to alert him though as I don't want him to delete any possible evidence they might use (if any).

I had a chat with him before I bought and he seemed like a good guy, when I questioned him why he was selling he said he managed to write his S3 off by coming off a roundabout too quickly and its going through insurance because they reckon it was a fault haldex unit - sounded legit.

I stupidly sent it via Direct debit (don't have a credit card) as I thought someone else was going to snap it up so wanted to get the transaction done as quickly as possible.

He must of done this a few times, *******.

In fact, can you PM any details that he's given you to see if they match up with what he gave me, and I can pass them onto the po-po.

Reactions: Jameze
These type of people need caught/shot, hope he gets what he deserves if he's a crook!!!
I hate con men. :mad:

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got stung by this same guy ("Sabir Razaq"), in talks with the police about it - try not to alert him though as I don't want him to delete any possible evidence they might use (if any). I had a chat with him before I bought and he seemed like a good guy, when I questioned him why he was selling he said he managed to write his S3 off by coming off a roundabout too quickly and its going through insurance because they reckon it was a fault haldex unit - sounded legit. I stupidly sent it via Direct debit (don't have a credit card) as I thought someone else was going to snap it up so wanted to get the transaction done as quickly as possible. He must of done this a few times, *******. In fact, can you PM any details that he's given you to see if they match up with what he gave me, and I can pass them onto the po-po.
Come on now, you really just want the purchase yourself don't ya LOL

That bloke selling those items is a massive time waster been selling them for over a month I tried to buy them and I live in Brighton.
He told me he was leaving Brighton on the night I wanted to buy them but would I drive to Newcastle to get them.

Then the next time I spoke to him he was in Birmingham.

Be be very careful.

That bloke selling those items is a massive time waster been selling them for over a month I tried to buy them and I live in Brighton.
He told me he was leaving Brighton on the night I wanted to buy them but would I drive to Newcastle to get them.

Then the next time I spoke to him he was in Birmingham.

Be be very careful.

He's probably hoping that you'd just go "oh **** it, send it to me then"...

1 of the red flags for me looking at that advert of the steering wheel... If he removed this from a s3 as claimed, then why does the steering wheel have a Sline badge on it... Mine has a S3 badge and im sure they're all the same...As the saying goes... If it seems too good to be true then it normally is!