Unicorn Motor Developments Remap

stetheo

Reaction score
I recently sold in my remapped 170 TDI A3 and bought a completely stock S3. After about a week of owning it I was missing that lower end torque my 170 had so I decided it needed a stage 1 remap.

I knew there was only one place I was going to take it having been to Rick before. So I contacted Rick from Unicorn Motor Developments who got back to me quickly and booked me in for the following Saturday. So today came and I made the trip up to Manchester to see him. Arrived about half 11 due to traffic, Rick came out and jumped in the car and plugged the laptop straight in to the car. We then spent some time chatting about various other cars and general stuff while he downloaded my stock map, then he got to work on writing a map for my car...

Once completed, he uploaded the map and it was time to do some on the road testing (the fun part!). So we went for a little drive and I could immediately tell the difference, the car was so much more responsive lower down the range. We got to a roundabout which led on to a dual carriageway, it was time to see what she was really now capable of... wow what a difference! After this we pulled over so Rick could have a look at the recorded results from the drive. We then headed back to his where he made a slight tweak to the map and re-uploaded it to the car.

Time for run number two, went back out and did the same run again. The difference in how the car drives is incredible, it is how the car should be from the factory... Rick said after the second run that everything was spot on and doing exactly what it should (good to know but I could certainly tell) so we headed back. I then had the pleasure of the drive home.

Rick really knows his stuff, any questions I had he answered. I cannot recommend him enough if you are looking at getting your car remapped.

Thanks Rick and no doubt I will be coming back to him once I am ready for stage 2+

Reactions: Mario8P
Good write up, however i contacted him on here via PM a while back & I've not had any response….

I know he said he has been manic busy recently. I contacted him on his mobile number which was on his website and he picked up straight away, worth giving him a call.

Fair enough, how much was the remap mate? PM me if u want!

Good write up, however i contacted him on here via PM a while back & I've not had any response….

Yes his personal phone number is the way to go, hes not always on emails on time xD.
+1 for rick!

Stephen,

thanks for kind words, think you got yourself a bit of a bargain there, the car is a nice example.

Dave, I've sent you a PM, no emails i can find so must have got eaten by the Spam filter!

Rick

Did you get it dyno'd - be nice to see what the torque curve looked like.

Did you get it dyno'd - be nice to see what the torque curve looked like.

no I didn't you know, I'm sure it would show a nice smooth torque curve though! I'm more than happy with the transformation of how she drives on the road!

thanks Rick I think I was quite lucky getting the car, no doubt I will see you again in the near future.