Welldone HID's not very "welldone"

smurfworth

Reaction score
So ordered some HID's from welldone as they are "the best" you can by that "don't blow wiper motor"

shame ive been waiting 2 weeks now for them as they were in stock, they've taken my money and now they are out of stock.

Not had a confirmation email and definitely haven't received them!

dosent seem very welldone to me.

Anyone else having an issue with this awful company?

Do you have the feeling of being SHAFTED !!!!:arco:

Should've got some OSRAM Nightbreakers instead :)

At least you wouldn't be blinding every oncoming car with the OSRAM's either ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Oggy-s3, Andy Crooks, Artimus and 3 others
You were warned, but chose to ignore, what can I say.

Reactions: Andy Crooks and t8ups
Not gonna lie, after the groupbuy started it was like a warning message to everyone, surely you saw the thread?

Hope you used paypal or a credit card, and if so id get onto a case straight away, but good luck.

Already got Phillips diamond vision, standard bulbs are ****e. But yea I used paypal, however people have bought loads on the vwvortex forum so thought it'd be alright.

Obviously not, hope they get as much bad press as possible.

Already got Phillips diamond vision, standard bulbs are ****e. But yea I used paypal, however people have bought loads on the vwvortex forum so thought it'd be alright.

Obviously not, hope they get as much bad press as possible.

TBH i seem to think the guys on vortex were just fakes used to promote and 'lie'.

Start your paypal refund process asap.

Then read this for an even cheaper solution? im going to try these idea's next jan, the guy seems to know what hes on about ha

Yeah I've opened a case against them now.

Try what mate? There's nothing to look at?

Have you tried contacting them? Might genuinely be the case they are Out of stock.

Well the group buy thread was certainly entertaining morning reading. :)

Reactions: a6_chris and NHN
'blazedani' just commented in the other HID thread at the top. Hes the owner of WellDoneHID. Try asking him where your product is, but im pretty sure he will ignore you, just like their customer service will

Just thought i'd update this, i had an email to "review my recent purchase" on tuesday. I probably would review them if i had received them. Apparently after 6 days in transport they are now "Delivery to the destination international office" according to the tracking information. I swear stuff from china gets here faster than this!

no no no, its originally from china. Then its delivered to a warehouse in spain, where its then dispatched what seems like the other way around to world to England. Unless someone is personally delivering it by bicycle, or swimming the channel to bring it to me. regardless if they work well they'll still have a bit of a review

You're seriously still gonna put them in? :O

i look forward to seeing if the wiper blows tbh, because i believed them at first, but i think they are just full of **** lol xD

i want HID's! GRRRR

Then fit oem headlights.

Reactions: RedDejavu and a6_chris
8K wont let you see shxt on the road, so don't waste your money.

i look forward to seeing if the wiper blows tbh, because i believed them at first, but i think they are just full of **** lol xD

i want HID's! GRRRR

thats the main reason I'm trying them tbh, I drive in the lanes a lot which means fog lights are needed to be used which still "blinds people". As far as I see it, if it blows then so what.. Fit another motor and we'll all know if they are talking crap or not. You never know, the gamble might pay off and I might just be able to see the massive rock sticking out the hedge with my improved lights before I smash the car on said rock because the standard lights are so rubbish I can't even see it.

I bet most people who complain about hid's have never been into the deep dark depths of the countryside with their standard halogens and realised just how little you can see without streetlights.

Reactions: Beagles
8K wont let you see shxt on the road, so don't waste your money.

i wish there was an inbetween 7k, 8 is too blue and 6 is too white!

And anything is better than my current reflectors, i cant see **** past 5 metres (and i have changed the angle) tey just seem to be crap!

thats the main reason I'm trying them tbh, I drive in the lanes a lot which means fog lights are needed to be used which still "blinds people".

Got fined £30 for driving with fog lights on, caus my headlights are ****. first time in a cop car tho! and first breathalyser

cop 'so were going to breath test you now'
me: cool! never done one before!
cop: i guess that means you havnt been drinking then...
me: its a reverse phycology ploy ;)

lets just say, he wasn't too impressed.

"... I might just be able to see the massive rock sticking out the hedge with my improved lights before I smash the car on said rock because the standard lights are so rubbish I can't even see it. I bet most people who complain about hid's have never been into the deep dark depths of the countryside with their standard halogens and realised just how little you can see without streetlights."
You obviously need to keep convincing yourself. Many people live in the countryside and good quality bulbs are more than adequate. But you feel the need for poorly fitted HID lights (and they are poorly fitted because your car lights are not designed for HIDs) so keep the idea going you will "smash" your car on the "massive rock" you can't see. Maybe Specsavers is a better idea? LOL

You obviously need to keep convincing yourself. Many people live in the countryside and good quality bulbs are more than adequate. But you feel the need for poorly fitted HID lights (and they are poorly fitted because your car lights are not designed for HIDs) so keep the idea going you will "smash" your car on the "massive rock" you can't see. Maybe Specsavers is a better idea? LOL

soo much hate

I bet most people who complain about hid's have never been into the deep dark depths of the countryside with their standard halogens and realised just how little you can see without streetlights.
...and I suppose you think unlit country lanes were invented the same time as HID's? Maybe you need your eyes tested if you can't see down a dark lane with Halogens.

thats the main reason I'm trying them tbh, I drive in the lanes a lot which means fog lights are needed to be used which still "blinds people".

BTW: Fog lights emit a flat beam that doesn't blind if they're set properly at kerb level & used only in foggy conditions.

Last edited:
never been a problem with my halogens... :D

in all seriousness though... never had a problem with halogen car headlights and i've had a fair few... i thought audi ones weren't bad! lol. and i live in the deepest darkest countryside!

Reactions: a6_chris
You can buy directly to the dealer in London. Then you won't have to wait.

By the way:
I have contact welldone warehouse about this issue.

This HID was shipped even before you started the thread.
They offered you a full refund even the HID was already sent.
You contact them on Saturday & they replied to you even they were off because of National Holidays (Friday & Sat)

I can see lot of BS here. most of it from people who works for the competition. (what a coincidence)

Last edited by a moderator:
What has happened here is a compound of issues which is snowballing. Wherever Blazedani appears, a WellDone user follows shortly. If you know the ins and outs of someone's order then you must run the thing. I don't think this confusion/suspicion/denial is helping. If you are posting under Blazedani as an individual and as a company as WellDone then that's no problem. This may be why the sponsorship is being purposefully slowed.

From what I've read these kits work, it is purely the ballast that causes the motor to fail. NOTHING ELSE, so an company trying to sell a special loom and relay setup is on the wrong track. But there appears to be a lack of clarity in who does what and how at "WellDone" and it's unnecessarily harming potential purchases/reputation. I am only trying to help.

For me a good setup is the WellDone HID kit with a projector headlight that looks OEM and not too blingy.

Self-levelling is EU nonsense, IT WILL NOT STOP THE OCASSIONAL BLINDING OF OTHER DRIVERS JUST LIKE EVERY NEW AUDI/MERC/PORSCHE/RANGE ROVER that can blind on brows of hills/bumps/undulations. It is merely for loading the rear. Washer are a joke, if something got cleaned by spraying a weak jet of water it's news to me. Set the level correctly and drop the level if you carry rear passengers using the factory manual level motor then there is no problem.

i wish there was an inbetween 7k, 8 is too blue and 6 is too white!

And anything is better than my current reflectors, i cant see **** past 5 metres (and i have changed the angle) tey just seem to be crap!

6k is still blue tint. 8k as NHN said will give very poor light output. The higher the k the LESS light.

IMO 5000k is a sweet spot for pure white light and brightest output, although all HID bulbs tint blue with age. It's why Philips OEM replacement bulbs can be had in 5000k equivalent where 4300k is OEM so it will match an old bulb on the other side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironborn
so they arrived today, finally. i ordered H7 6000k. and received a H7 adaptor, ballast and 4300k D2S bulbs.Unbelievable!

Last edited:
More that dont fit/work ;)
I had these in briefly until I wondered why the bulbs didnt fit. Took them out and on closer inspection said d2s bulb :/. Back on my diamond visions now and wipers still work, so. Wait and see until the oem ones turn up to give them a proper test though, hopefully they are the correct ones this time.

Just thought i'd update this, i had an email to "review my recent purchase" on tuesday. I probably would review them if i had received them. Apparently after 6 days in transport they are now "Delivery to the destination international office" according to the tracking information. I swear stuff from china gets here faster than this!
You think a week is a long time for delivery? I ship parcels all around the world through work and China often takes up to 4 weeks. Just saying

Last edited:
My lights are pretty crummy around the lanes too! I have the Phillips diamond vision as well, okay for towns and lit up areas, just I use my fogs sometimes on very dark nights.... I'd like oem xenons but there like £400 plus connectors and then fitting! Such a ball ache!

You think a week is a long time for delivery? I ship parcels all around the world through work and China often takes up to 4 weeks. Just saying

It might be longer to send stuff to China, but IME parcel delivery from China to UK is very fast, usually 3 days or so for stuff I've got off ebay. Even general post is pretty fast, I got some D2S to HID kit cables off ebay HK and it took just a week in the post.

i just came to find this thread for an update, and it had only been 1 day... (someone is clearly excited to see a non blown motor *if they arrive) :p