Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How many of you is needing a clutch soon?

2nd Gear

Status

How many of you is needing a clutch soon?

As above just wondering if there was enough of us to get a discount as there seems to be a lot of people buying them at the moment and I need one next year so if there was a group buy I would be in! graeme said we need 10 or more for this anyone els game ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    April is clutch season for some reason iirc
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

2nd Gear

Status
    Cool lol keep my eyes on the forums after Xmas

2nd Gear

Status
    I am in need of a new fly wheel very soon, so will most likely change the clutch while I'm there.

Count me in!
    Ask admin to advertise here

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm talking about the upgraded loba and Sachs Clutch and flywheel for s3 Meant to mention that just read back the post and realised I didn't explain myself clearly lol

Neutral

Status
    I need one as well. Mine started slipping couple of weeks ago after been stage 2+ since April.

2nd Gear

Status
    That's good how long you clutch lasted mine was showing sings of slipping at stage 2 so Ben very kindly tweaked it back at the moment so just going stage 2 + now just saving up the money's for hardware next thing is clutch

1st Gear

Status
    Ill let you know if i'm in on this after the car gets mapped stage 1 tomorrow. I have a 56 plate and its on 54k so its likely this may be the last straw for it.. I intend to go stage 2+ regardless so this needs to be done at some point anyway.

2nd Gear

Status
    Sweet just thought I would ask the question as I see someone every couple of weeks asking about a clutch don't know if it will even happen but hopefully lol another guy on vagoc replied saying he was after one aswell and I only posted this morning what software you decide to go for ?

1st Gear

Status
    Going for Revo from Streetwise Automotive in bristol. They have a good rep and its local which i think is important when tuning. Car needs suspension knock diagnosing and so long as its not the steering rack(££) ill be getting it mapped.

From what ive read it seems most pre 58 cars needed a clutch after stage 1 and im not light on the clutch either.

2nd Gear

Status
    Cool hope it goes well for you, I traveled down 5 hours to get mine mapped by shark themselves mines is 59 plate and clutch was showing sings of slipping at stage 2 you might be ok for a bit loads of guys on here seem to have nursed there's along for a bit before it went,

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 th View Post
    I need one as well. Mine started slipping couple of weeks ago after been stage 2+ since April.
    Hahaha. Yes! Eventually caught up with you. Haha.

Neutral

Status
    Do we know what sort of discount we'd be able to receive?

1st Gear

Status
    LOBA-Sachs VAG 2.0 TFSI / TDI Stage 2 upgrade clutch kit | 8P1 2.0 TDI | A3 | Audi | LOBA Motorsport GmbH

I take it this is the kit we all have in mind? 550nm Sachs Organic plate and clutch cover, Loba SMF? OEM release bearing will be needed and to be purchased seperately?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-S3 View Post
    Hahaha. Yes! Eventually caught up with you. Haha.
    get knotted dom. It's lasted a while so I'm not too bothered. Car doesn't even get chance to come on boost at the moment. It only slips in 6th at present but don't wana risk it till I can get a new clutch

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah that's the one nope don't know anything yet just thought I would fire a post up then if enough of us wanted one a group buy might happen lol yeah will need the real ease baring £70 I think I seen mentioned

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfermer View Post
    Yeah that's the one nope don't know anything yet just thought I would fire a post up then if enough of us wanted one a group buy might happen lol yeah will need the real ease baring £70 I think I seen mentioned
    I could be in... Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Think the guy at that gnj motorsport was offering a group buy for these if 10 names could be put down... I'm not interested in the SMF tho, just the clutch, so he prob wouldnt go for that with me
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

1st Gear

Status
    No harm in asking as you may not be the only one.. Im still on the fence about the SMF as well. First thing to do is find someone who has one fitted and see what the noise/vibration is like before i part with any money.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah it's graeme that said he might do one if 10 names but depends if he can get a deal on them not heard anything more about it but I'm guessing he will be along at some point if he can, ill defo be in if there a good deal as ill need it next year as plan on shark stage 3 if money allows this haha

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Myself and Graeme have been in discussion this afternoon and we shall get back to you with the decision on prices etc etc for the Loba/Sachs clutch group buy. Stay tuned folks!!!!

S3_Mat..........have a look over on the S/RS Facebook forum (if you have it) as there are about half a dozen guys that I have supplied the 600Nm clutch and SMF to. They all have first hand knowledge on noise generated by it.

Another thing to be aware of Loba DO NOT supply the flywheel bolts so these will have to be acquired seperately. £2.76 + VAT from your local TPS outlet and you need 6. The old ones will be no use as they are stretch bolts so better to be on the safe side especaially when theyre only £20 all in.
    S3_Mat likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfermer View Post
    Yeah it's graeme that said he might do one if 10 names but depends if he can get a deal on them not heard anything more about it but I'm guessing he will be along at some point if he can, ill defo be in if there a good deal as ill need it next year as plan on shark stage 3 if money allows this haha

Totally OT mate but do I know you from VXRO? I used to own Burg 353 (Paula's old car) and do Tech2 stuff on the forum and also on AON.
    2010 Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition TFSI Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks brodster, ill do just that!

2nd Gear

Status
    I thought the smf was awright ? That's what I was going
    for?

2nd Gear

Status
    That's awsum mark, em maybe from the forum i used to have a Vxr I prob asked the same annoying questions on there as I do here haha now u mention it the name
    does ring a bell! Where u from ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can I ask.... I have a 2.0 tdi. Engine code bkd. My clutch and flywheel are on it's way out and my clutch pedal doesn't come up last inch, don't think it's the clutch it's self as it misses the bite, maybe the clutch release? I am going to be upgrading the power soon between 260 and 300 bhp. So I might aswell do the whole thing to start with... Would the s3 clutch fit? Help!

Reverse Gear

Status

New clutch for more power

Can I ask.... I have a 2.0 tdi. Engine code bkd. My clutch and flywheel are on it's way out and my clutch pedal doesn't come up last inch, don't think it's the clutch it's self as it misses the bite, maybe the clutch release? I am going to be upgrading the power soon between 260 and 300 bhp. So I might aswell do the whole thing to start with... Would the s3 clutch fit? Or what clutch could I use?

Status

My Social Networking

The Loba/Sachs clutch for Stage 2/3 is the same for TDI/TFSI

LOBA-Sachs VAG 2.0 TFSI / TDI Stage 2 upgrade clutch kit | 8P1 2.0 TDI | A3 | Audi | LOBA Motorsport GmbH

Straight from Loba website. Hope this helps
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    amd do the loba kits for £905 delivered guys good price and good customer service , just make sure you get a receipt form your garage that fits it just incase you get any issues !

5th Gear

Status
    Im after a BT later next year, but need to upgrade my slipping clutch in january/feb.

Would the Loba stage 3 clutch be alright for me? im just finding out now so i can prepare for the insane bill incoming.

And just a thought, what sort of power would i be looking at with a GT series 3071R?
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Best person to ask is Alex I think he had the stage 2 kit but could be wrong they take loads of power if bedded in correctly

Status

My Social Networking

Guys here is a list for everyone to amend so that Graeme and I have a quick reference to see how many numbers we have for the clutches.

1. Gfermer
    2. JRock247
    3. geforce189
    4. s3 th
    Last edited by Brodster; 4th December 2013 at 18:18.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Guys here is a list for everyone to amend so that Graeme and I have a quick reference to see how many numbers we have for the clutches.

1. Gfermer
    2. JRock247
    3. geforce189
    4. s3 th
    I'm a maybe at the mo. Thanks a lot for this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post

1. Gfermer
    2. JRock247
    3. geforce189
    4. s3 th
    Put me down aswell, long as everything goes well i will be needed one in jan! all this cold weather is making every gear slip
    05, A3 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro

Status

My Social Networking

1. Gfermer
    2. JRock247
    3. geforce189 (possible)
    4. s3 th
    5. JJ.Foulds
    6. Dave (vagoc)
    Last edited by Brodster; 5th December 2013 at 07:42.

5th Gear

Status
    Will any potential group buy count for me if I only want the clutch and not the full kit? I still want to run the DMF... Have absolutely no plans on putting anymore power through that car?
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

2nd Gear

Status
    Mark add another name guy called Dave golf r on vagoc been chatting last couple days says he's defo wanting one

2nd Gear

Status
    Guys this maybe funny to some of you but I've never come across changing a cluth before, nor flywheel or any such thing...

So my question is how do you know if you need one?
    How do you truely check it yourself? Same for flywheel?

Cheers

Status

My Social Networking

You would start to experience clutch slip mate. When you try to accelerate the revs will rise but nothing really will happen until the clutch bites again. Usually happens on tuned cars as the standard clutch plates cannot handle the increase in torque so the plates slip. Thats why an uprated clutch is needed to handle the increase in torque.

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh great thanks for the explanation, how much are we roughly looking for a good one? Cheers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast