EGR Fault?

john71482

Reaction score
Hello, I had my 2.0 TDI remapped about 2 months ago and the DPF removed! It's been great no problems at all but the night before last I went out to the car put the key in turned it all the lights flashed and everything was dead no lights at all the whole car was dead like the battery was flat! Got out the car kept pressing the lock button and after several presses it didn't lock but the interior lights came on so I got in the car put the key in again and started it and there was a light with a steering wheel showing and the traction light? Then it came up with a EGR fault? Drove down the road and the two lights went off and the EGF warning light went off? So I stopped turned the car off got out and locked it! Then I unlocked it got in and you started normally! The following day there was no problems at all! Then again the same thing happened again last night?
Had anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, John.

Check your battery connections.
Ensure its tight.

I had something similar and on cold mornings it wouldn't start and acted like the battery was dead. it turned out to be the connection on the battery had a little play in it and it wouldn't connect on cold mornings.

Oh right! I'll have a check! But would this cause the EGR message?
It is like the battery has been unplugged though as the clock and date does reset!

Yup, all the lights come on and after a drive they reset and clear.

Spot on!!! :o.k:
Just been and had a look and the positive battery connection is loose as anything!
Thanks a lot mate! Saved me a lot of time! :yahoo:

No worries, took me a few hours to figure it out.

:yes: