Slight Knocking

russ3376

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Got a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI SLine Quattro..I have a slight knock on the front wheels at low speed when turning left or right. Almost like a stick (which there isn't!) is running round the back of the wheel spoke! Only a couple of seconds but it's there!
I know for sure one bearing has been replaced not sure about the other.
Never had Audi before so I'm a bit dumb!

Thanks!

Mine sounded like this, put up with it for a while and then it starting making the noise all the time when driving. Turned out it was one of the wheel bearings.

Jack the car up and give both front wheels a wiggle, if one of them moves and all the wheel bolts are tight, its probably the bearing on that side.

Sounds like it could be your steering Rack or a loose sub-frame or even a worn ball joint?

Having the same problem on my 2.0 tdi had the knocking about a month! mine also knocks when accelerating from a stop if i give it a bit more of a push it'll knock as I pull off! And no one can seem to figure out what it is!

I had a knock in the steering when going past center lock in either direction, has the wishbone/console bushes replaced and that sorted it out.

I also have a knock :-( if I feather the gears it's fine doesn't happen over bumps but if I go for the beans and change hard it knocks and sometimes in first but only everynow and then

Iv got a knocking from the rear passenger side, sounds like a shock or something :-( under warranty anyway so gunna get it looked at tomorrow!