Has anyone got experience with these bulbs?

y2kcurran

Reaction score
So i've put Lamin-x's subtle tint on my headights and to be honest I have noticed quite an affect on the light output, not only less light but also sort of streaks and stuff on the peripherals.

I've sent t8ups a message as from doing forum searches he seems to be the guy to get on to and having read about philips/osram bulbs i'm hoping to get an upgrade of all the bulbs up front to boost output without going HID.

I was looking up Ebay and was wondering if any of you have tried out these cheap a$$ kits? I'm looking for a good bright white output with as little blue tinge as possible, I've read you want 5000K for this?

H7 H1 100W Xenon Upgrade Headlight Bulbs Dip Main Beam Supreme White Light Audi | eBay

Audi 55w Xenon Upgrade (Main / Dipped / Side) HeadLamp Light Bulbs WHITE | eBay

Audi A3 03-04 UPGRADE XENON BULB FOG SET 100W H7 H1 H7 | eBay

with 100W you risk burning the wires

the lights are crap already without putting laminx on there, don't see why you'd want to reduce it anymore tbh but still

Iv fitted Phillips diamond vision in mine which are 5000k and I'm very happy with them!

Reactions: stuartm
Cool Mindak yea i've only heard good things about them. Did you change your other bulbs at the front to try match their color? I was hoping to hear from someone who has used the cheap ebay ones, I might get them just to see...although if 100w risks burning wires then maybe not..

I've bought some smd sidelights from T8ups to try and match which I'm yet to fit but I will let you know!

All lights are from EM Tuning courtesy of T8ups.

Reactions: dannyh1991uk and y2kcurran
How easy is it to get into the fog lights mate?

Very easy, remove the fog surround by pulling it off, then remove the 3 screws and it comes out, unplug it, swap the bulbs over and fit in reverse.