S3 lowering springs ! Confused .com !

Keane

Reaction score
Hello chaps, I'm sorry as this has probs been covered a million times ! Had a search and can't find the answers :(. I'm after some lowering springs for my facelift s3 Quattro, I'm really confused as some have 2 springs and others all 4? I had eibach's on my a3 tdi and it sat perfect. I still see it as I sold her too a mate, get a little jealous when I see how nice she sits :L! My question is does it sit nice with just the front lowered and 20mm don't sound a lot, look good or need to be lower ?

I was just about to put a similar post up!

I can't decide between a pair of Eibachs or a set of four H&Rs!

Anyone have a definitive answer? Search isn't helpful as both options have a solid fan base!

Set of 4 h&r 25mm lowering springs seem to be the most popular on the s3 setup

Eibach = two front springs to lower the front of S3s.
H&R = four springs to lower entire car.

Eibach gets rid of reverse rake (reduces the larger front arch gap on stock height suspension).
H&R drops the whole car lower but you still end up with less arch gap at the rear than the front. Also with H&R springs on an S3 you'll probably suffer from quite a bit bounce when driving on anything other than smoothe roads, unless you get uprated shocks as well.

I went H&Rs for mine, minaly because I wasnt sure if the two spring kit would give me a 'dragster' look and didnt want that!

I'm happy with my purchase, in future I may match them with some better shocks but for the time being they are working ok with standard shocks for me.

I figured if I bought the eibach kit I would just have to shell out for another kit at some point that had four springs.

JuSt had a long hard look out of the window at mine. Back sits ok, but the front definitely needs a tuck... Recently drove a TT and was really impressed by the turn-in and lack of body roll. Not in a position to change the ARBs so springs only! Leaning towards the Eibach kit atm....

Personal choice really, if you're happy with the back and just want the front dropped a little then go for the Eibach, if you think the front and rear needs lowering then go for something like the H&R or Weitec.

Damian @ DPM Performance