kW variant 1

Gfermer

Reaction score
As above what are they like ? It's either these or the bilstein b14 but heard people saying they are pretty hard for road use I have s3 and don't do track days

Hmmmm I also considered the weitec as there made by kW and had some good reviews on them going to get something ordered in the next week or 2

To be honest, if you don't do track days, even in the description of the AP's it states they are "ideal for fast road use". I can vouch for that as I have them.

How about you state the reasons for wanting/looking at the more expensive coilovers?

Never looked at the aps that's all I'm just having a look around and reading up on a few posts etc but everyone has different opinions on them so hard to choose lol I've bad a look at a few posts about the aps so thinking they could be an option as I can use the extra money for something els, what is the ride like on them ? Im not planning
on going that low anyways

tbh mate i use it as a daily wound all the way down, i have 19 speed bumps within a mile of me and i can rush to work without any issues. everybody that rides in the car has no idea its on coilovers and after having a bad experience with JOM's these are a million times better. just feels slightly harder than standard but feels how it should. They are progressive springs so are comfy at slow speeds but can still take corners well.

heres my review, its gone lower since these photos too:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...oilovers-vs-h-r-50mm-springs-pics-review.html

B14's are okay i rather have stiffer suspension anyday over crappy spongy ones. i have B14's and never looked back used them on my 8L a3 then 8L s3 and now the 8P

there is far to much choice out there likes haha, going to just make a decision after Xmas and buy ones thanks guys sorry for asking the same questions again, I've decided its bilstein or weitec I'm going for after looking around old
posts last night

Reactions: Sevv
there is far to much choice out there likes haha, going to just make a decision after Xmas and buy ones thanks guys sorry for asking the same questions again, I've decided its bilstein or weitec I'm going for after looking around old
posts last night

there is something about Bilsteins that give me an air of confidence when your doing 70mph on a 70 degree bend and a tight one with barely one lane (not wise) in the wet and handling great.. not everything is good like that if i had more funds id get B16 or KW clubsports

I keep hearing good and bad about the bilsteins they were my first choice as when I was at shark they recommended and along with another couple of people I spoke to, but after a few posts a few said pretty hard for daily road use, my car is a weekend toy so wouldn't mind but now I'm thinking the weitec a have a good review and are made by kW going to call around get few prices weigh up my options me buying something like the b16 or kW would just be over kill for me personally, thanks for the replys tho.

For fast road use coilovers you can't go wrong with a set of KW V1's in my opinion, one of the best kits on the market.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Hoesty
What price can u do them delivered for ? It's these or bilstein I'm ordering today

Happy with lowering height and handling around bends with my v1 kws. But try to avoid speed humps if I'm in a rush (unless I roll my guards)

I went for the bilsteins got an awsum price on them thanks anyways

Yep Im Happy I've went with them excited to get them on the car thanks again for the deals graeme anyone looking
for a good deal on there mods contact gnj I've used them for my Vxr and now my s3 will be in contact shortly for more soon as I have the money's :)

Apologies I didn't get back sooner, we were so busy with our Cyber Monday offers yesterday.

Personally I would of went with the KW kit but I'm glad you got a good deal on the Bilsteins.

Let me know if I can be any help in the future as we always have our price beat promise and as yesterday often have some great offers going.

Damian @ DPM Performance