No heating at all......HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

GaryStewart07

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if I can get some pointers here? The blowers in my car seem to have stopped working with no air coming out at all and I don't have a clue where to start really?

Any handy andy pointers on what to check out 1st please??

Cheers :happy:

Welcome to the site.

Does the climate unit still show the bars increasing/decreasing when buttons are pressed, just no air/fan noise?

Reactions: GaryStewart07
Welcome to the site.

Does the climate unit still show the bars increasing/decreasing when buttons are pressed, just no air/fan noise?

Thanks man! Hope to be here for a while!

Yeh all the console controls seem to be fine and the bars increase/decrease, just no air :-/

Fan unit V2 possibly failed, best option is to remove glovebox & the foam piece that's screwed to the area above passenger footwell & you'll see a round fan unit upside down with a big rectangular/square connector plugged into, check this for voltage with a meter, if its got power then I would hazard a guess its the fan unit gone & needs replacing.

Fan unit V2 possibly failed, best option is to remove glovebox & the foam piece that's screwed to the area above passenger footwell & you'll see a round fan unit upside down with a big rectangular/square connector plugged into, check this for voltage with a meter, if its got power then I would hazard a guess its the fan unit gone & needs replacing.

Thanks a bunch man! It was exactly that, the fan was dead.....now I just need to try and find the best/cheapest place to buy one!

Okay all sorted now, bought an OEM one from Europarts for £215.00 dam expensive, but can't bare driving in a fridge haha

Okay all sorted now, bought an OEM one from Europarts for £215.00 dam expensive, but can't bare driving in a fridge haha

mine did this can't remember the code but it was short or open circuit I removed the glove box to get the fan out and switched it on and it has worked fine for months I think it is thermally protected and has a integrated tachometer .

mine did this can't remember the code but it was short or open circuit I removed the glove box to get the fan out and switched it on and it has worked fine for months I think it is thermally protected and has a integrated tachometer .

Took the fan out and it was just ceased, it wouldn't free spin at all, even tried to loosen it but nothing! Had to bight the bullet and get a new one. It's worse with the climate control version being double the price....groan!!