Switches on my new Audi A3

scott909

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Scott and the proud new owner of a beautiful 2005 Audi A3 S-Line TFsi.

I have a few problems with the car (which I was aware of when buying), and the time has come to start getting them fixed.

First things first, the small cover for the hazard warning lights (the triangle) on the dashboard is gone, and the old owner has no idea how! How do I go about getting a new one?

Secondly, the window switches in the drivers and passenger sides need replacing. It's definitely the switches and not electrical as I had a local Audi mechanic have a look. What is the part number for these switches and can anybody lead me in the direction of a good guide on how to perform this repair myself?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Scott

I'd guess it's high unlikely window switches on both side of the car have failed? The wiring from the body to the doors can fail (literally the wires snap), but it's usually the driver's door that fails as this is most used. Sounds daft but I take it you have checked the fuses?

I'd guess a new hazard switch is needed (check ebay). The facia/surround unclips off (I think you need to have remove the radio to flick it out eaier though, depending on your console configuration.

I'd guess it's high unlikely window switches on both side of the car have failed? The wiring from the body to the doors can fail (literally the wires snap), but it's usually the driver's door that fails as this is most used. Sounds daft but I take it you have checked the fuses?

I'd guess a new hazard switch is needed (check ebay). The facia/surround unclips off (I think you need to have remove the radio to flick it out eaier though, depending on your console configuration.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it's the window switches. The windows do function from the buttons, they are just difficult to use. They get stuck (the buttons) and i have to wiggle the buttons around a bit, but when I do, the windows open and close as expected. I presume this is the buttons......

Do you know the part number for this hazard switch?

Scott

Ah right, if it's physical problem with them then it does sound like this will be the buttons.

I'm not sure of the part number, but there's several on ebay and appears to be 8P0941509

*AUDI A3 8P 2004-2007 HAZARD LIGHT SWITCH 8P0941509 | eBay

Hi,

Thank you very much. I have just ordered this part on eBay so will report back when it arrives and I've fitted it.

What about the window buttons? Any idea on part numbers?

Scott