OCD kicking in

Phil-1

Regional Rep
Reaction score
Website
www.philseagust.co.uk
Just noticed that the bolt that holds the dip stick in place is missing.

image by phil.seagust, on Flickr

I have checked the garage but can't find one that fits. Anyone know where I can get one or a part number?

Thanks
Phil

what model, year, engine and fuel?

Think its a N10338903 or just go generic, its just an M6x16

If you're getting a generic one try to get 8.8 grade stainless steel to stop it rotting

Theres a fair chance it could also be a N90440702, which is a M6x15....so only 1mm difference.

i cant imagine it making a blind bit of difference which one you get to be fair!

If you have any trouble, i'll post one a suitable bolt from work FOC, as I'm sure we have one somewhere!

Reactions: Phil-1
Theres a fair chance it could also be a N90440702, which is a M6x15....so only 1mm difference.

i cant imagine it making a blind bit of difference which one you get to be fair!

If you have any trouble, i'll post one a suitable bolt from work FOC, as I'm sure we have one somewhere!

Thanks that's very good of you.
I'm going to London tomorrow 200 + miles so will have a quick look before leaving

Will let you know how I get on when back in Sunday

Thanks that's very good of you.
I'm going to London tomorrow 200 + miles so will have a quick look before leaving

Will let you know how I get on when back in Sunday

No problem, I'm currently working for Landrover, soon to be moving in to the VAG world, and i'll be working for SEAT on monday, which is convenient....as alot of parts are shared across VAG ;)

No problem, I'm currently working for Landrover, soon to be moving in to the VAG world, and i'll be working for SEAT on monday, which is convenient....as alot of parts are shared across VAG ;)

Thanks mate. The bolts arrived today, will fit it at the weekend as I'm away again tomorrow.
Phil

Interesting find....:hi:
Engine in my car was the exact same... Found a M6 x 12mm stainless bolt in the tool box which worked a treat.