Quietest Performance Intake for S3

elrao

Reaction score
Have just had the AmD intake fitted and, for me, it is a little too loud. I don't know how it compares to other open filter intake systems in terms of performance or sound, but compared to stock it is loud.

Have heard the VWR system is a lot quieter, which is understandable as it is a closed filter - but costs £414 (on special at the moment); which is a lot when I have just spent £350 on the AmD one (although would expect to get £300 back if selling it on, as there aren't any second hand ones out there).

Anyone have first hand experience of the VWR intake? Any other recommendations for quieter intakes, that still perform?

Afternoon Rob,

You are the first to say it is too loud! Any car I have driven with them on hasn't been excessively loud imo.

Just emailed you with a possible solution to make it quieter if it is too loud for you personally. We can try it out when you are in on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

there is an enclosed ITG setup in the classifieds for £300.

there is an enclosed ITG setup in the classifieds for £300.
just grabbed this and his milltek :). The ITG filter that he's selling is basically the vwr kit ITG developed it and the vwr bought it to sell as there own

Im about to do another order for the new CTS Turbo Intake. I have a group buy on at the minute on this section and they have been very popular. I have one fitted to my 2012 S3 and it is alot quieter compared to ITG, AMD, P-Flo and Forge twintake. The actual item is very well made and put together and alot of R&D has been done on the airflow characteristics.....if you want one mate the intake and matching CTS Turbo heatshield are cheaper than all the competition. 10 days lead time as they are coming from the US. Let me know.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...tice-group-buy-cts-turbo-cold-air-intake.html

We run the forge twintake system on our Mk5 Golf GTI, I will be changing this to the Revo Intake,

PM me if your interested in the Forge Item

Was looking at the itg (vwr) kit, however AmD are going to try an alternative (enclosed) filter on their pipework tomorrow which should help. It's due on the rolling road tomorrow too, so should be able to see how the car goes with the enclosed filter setup.