A3 2.0 tdi 140 cobra cat back system

A3 2.0 tdi sport

Reaction score
What's everyone think to the above? It's the cheapest decent system I've found, if anyone knows of any that are cheaper please enlighten me!

Hi mate, I am considering similar right now for my BKD. Looks very standard but sounds a lot nicer than standard from youtube videos!

Why not look into a decat also though rather than a catback? Cats aren't necessary on diesels

Reactions: T33_BKD
Ayup thanks for the reply, yeh I started off looking at downpipes but they all seem really expensive for what they are! I think the catbacks sound a lot better too with the turbo howl and subtle sound, also looked at backbox delete too but Although its cheaper to do i think it sounds rough compared to the cobra catback witch I must say sounds buet!

Got any links to any vids for comparason between decats/backboxs etc?

There's a few vids on YouTube, just type in a3 backbox delete, then watch the cobra one again and see what you think!?

yh sounds good. has a very loud howl as you let off the accelerator when changing gears but i would like a burble like noise... love the way that the RS engine sounds

Yeh don't we all haha, I'm hopefully about to get a cobra system! I think they sound nice a subtle and give a nice turbo howl too, what you think to it?

yh sounds good. has a very loud howl as you let off the accelerator when changing gears but i would like a burble like noise... love the way that the RS engine sounds

Slight burble:

Last edited by a moderator:
that doesnt sound too bad! has anyone got this in their own car who can verify that it wont cause a headache if driving on a motorway at a constant 70mph?

Top vid is my car lol, It is perfectly fine under normal driving - infact cannot really tell it has a system on... but when you boot it, thats when it can be heard, and it is very loud :icon_thumright:

Milltek large bore down pipe (DPF Delete) and then Milltek centre pipe deletimg centre box and finally the Milltek back box.

Sounds expensive! But nice! Lol I'm going to go with the cobra looks and sounds good enough, not badly priced either

I had the Cobra turbo back exhaust on my Seat Leon Cupra R - I had the non res system and I wish I had of gone resonated. My LCR was running close to 300bhp and the exhaust was loud but nice. I have videos on youtube under "cupratim"

Not sure on the TDI version though - I was looking into this myself at one point but decided to gut the DPF and just map the car - after all its a diesel not a petrol car - so the noise will be different anyway.

What I can say about Cobra is that the exhaust was superbly built and fitted precisely. I managed to change mine on my driveway with a couple of axle stands!