Audi Ipod Connection Kit - would it work?

h4ppy91

Reaction score
Hi

read through the forum, cant seem to find a definate answer on this

i have an 56 a3 s line, it's got the bose sound system, 6cd changer in the glove box, unsure what model headunit

i've had enough of making cd's, i've seen this - Audi I-Pod Connection kit - Stoke Audi Parts

the headunit i have is the exact same one pictured on that link, would this work in my car? would i be able to change track from the headunit rather than the ipod?

anyone shed some light?

thanks

Not sure on the link above however to give you a idea I have the built in 6 cd changer and hence I got myself a "dension bt lite" and have to tell you they are awesome. You can connect iPods, iPhone, USB and Bluetooth and of course get full control from head unit, hope it helps.

Not sure on the link above however to give you a idea I have the built in 6 cd changer and hence I got myself a "dension bt lite" and have to tell you they are awesome. You can connect iPods, iPhone, USB and Bluetooth and of course get full control from head unit, hope it helps.

is your system bose? i've read about those Dension kits, they seem pretty good however i'd like to keep it as OEM as possible. there's no loss of audio quality from using the dension kit is there?

Yep Bose sound system + symphony II and also I've connected a extra sub to the Bose sub for extra punch and quality wise it hasn't changed at all.

oh wicked, i've jus had a word the guys at audi and they said the ipod connection kit will work. unsure what to do now haha. both kits are virtually the same price

just bought the genuine audi ipod adapter, reading mixed reviews on this unsure if i'm going to fit it now. anybody show me the dension kit i need as it's much easier to install apparently.

thanks

Densions simply plug In the CD changer port and act as a CD changer. I've left mine behind the radio and got myself a USB extension cable around the back to the glove box other than that I use the Bluetooth on it and works perfectly fine. Installation would take you less then 20 minutes. Sorry haven't got any pictures

Densions simply plug In the CD changer port and act as a CD changer. I've left mine behind the radio and got myself a USB extension cable around the back to the glove box other than that I use the Bluetooth on it and works perfectly fine. Installation would take you less then 20 minutes. Sorry haven't got any pictures

you got a link to the one you bought?

I got mine form a private seller on eBay for £65 shipped (was a bargain) so link isn't available anymore however THIS LINK is the exact same one. I believe it works on the old 8 pin ISO radios so do check your radio mine is simply BOSE with Symphony II which is CD and Tape (Built in 6 CD changer). Hope it helps.