A3 Cluster Upgrade

B120WNY

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im looking to do the white cluster upgrade on my 2006 3.2 v6 sportback.

Ive got hold of a cluster with part number 8P0920982E.

Im just a little unsure as to whether Ive bought the right one, and didnt wanna do a temp plug in to see if it lit up, just incase i came across a few faults!

Its from a 2009 car, petrol, with the same speedo range. Thing is its from a 1.6L base model and Im unsure as to whether it has the full DIS functions? It only has 38k on it, so can be changed to my mileage easily and shouldnt have any broken pixels!

Ive done a cluster swap before on an 8L model, but think this time Il just go to Audi.

I also believe I have the correct fuel pump and sender cable to make it a simple swap at Audi, just don't wanna go incase the DIS functions dont work! Quite like the digital speedo feature.

Any help breaking down the part number is much appreciated!

I'm doing a similar swap this evening for somebody. Once I have completed it I may be able to confirm parts etc. Nhn has also done similar swaps.

How much roughly do you think this will cost, as I have a facelift 2009 a3 with no DIS

Apparently main dealers are now offering this service for far less than I would charge. Ive yet to find a dealer willing to take on a second hand cluster swap, so very keen to see all these cars completed :D

I may end up using a mates vcds and doing it myself if the stealer don't fancy it.

Done it before, its quite straight forward when its just a swap and code.