What colour?

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys had my a3 for around 2 weeks now and want to get the wheels refurbed as flaking in places!
but not sure what colour to go for!

CADA2AEC-B5BF-4776-9F1E-0195C478FFD2-602-0000003D7ABDAB9C_zps9834942f.jpg

What do you lot think?
also colour of the brake calipers? Lol

Keep them the same colour... N I like yellow calipers on black cars... Red is played out!

Standard is a nice colour as stand out well don't they!
Iv got yellow, red (which don't fancy), black or rs green caliper paint in my garage! Lol

I've seen some of the black cars with they bright green calipers n must say they do look pretty tasty

so yellow or bright green calipers... Just to be a wee bit different

It's green or yellow for me atm I think!
my other wheel colour option was maybe anthracite grey?

Gunmetal wheels and you can go any shade of it as well so it could look like a fine coat of brake dust to full on almost black, all down to personal preference.
Black calipers, i think calipers are have a nice crisp look when they are black as bright colours are a bit boy racer ish.

Gunmetal wheels and you can go any shade of it as well so it could look like a fine coat of brake dust to full on almost black, all down to personal preference.
Black calipers, i think calipers are have a nice crisp look when they are black as bright colours are a bit boy racer ish.

thats the flip side, all my past cars have stood out (bit boy racer as you say) but don't want to ruin such a nice car, I want it tastefully done!

I done gloss black calipers on my sprint blue... But you can still do bright colours tastefully done... I seen a black s3 with those bright green calipers and it looked immense... Its an audi afterall... Leave the boy racers with their corsas and fiestas... The only boy racers with audis are the 1's that put they daft bentley wheels on their motors.. They're only boy racers with too much money for daft mods...

gunmetal on a black car is too much of a colour clash for me and you want a bit of contrast i.e bright car/ dark rims and vice versa imo thats what looks best..

In saying that tho... That phantom black s3 had gloss black rims with those bright green calipers.. So if you go gunmetal, then bright calipers is a must imo!

I am in the same predicament at the moment, atfirst I didn't like the wheels but now thay have grown but they are a flat silver. I would prefer a silver but twith a flake through it. The red callipers are ok, cars like yours it looks almost OEM not boy racer, an option I am condsidering as yellow, green etc then it's deff been changed so stands out more

They've grown me too, silver makes them stand out a lot!
I've had a photoshop done in anthracite too which I quite like!
not sure if I fancy red as most of my cars I've done red!
im thinking black, yellow or green!
B69E9B83-9666-4AD6-9710-75F021F5DCCF_zpscvshzpfn.jpg

Anthracite might be a winner. I have the same wheels and like them as is. Anthracite belongs on RS4/multispoke wheels I think. It's a difficult one. I wonder how they look in black going for full darth-vader lol

That looks a million times better in anthracite, still think gloss black calipers and then get some white vinyls with an emblem like the rings or the s line logo on them for the finishing touch

I like the anthracite... but go for the bright calipers, you want your car to pop and be different instad of dull and boring... you see a million a3's like that.. but you dont see a lot with yellow or green calipers.. be brave and be different (In a good way) :)

I think the bright calipers are a must against a black car and can easily be changed if they look naff! Lol
think I like the anthracite atm getting a quote tomorrow from my local refurb place!