Rotors or standard s3 wheels

IceHanger

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok I've just put my winters on my BE, I'd forgot ton how much I (whispers) prefer them to my rotors!
I don't know it's because the silver on the rotors just didn't match anything on the car or what lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385144797503659

I have to agree with you.

On a contrasting body colour, ie white, rotors are spot on, no problem.

But with a dark colour like yours it's a little 'unspectacular' and they don't stand out.

TTRS version in those and a wee bit lowered looks the dogs balls. Red S3 on here on them somewhere, looked ace.

I prefer the original S3 wheels, you know its an S3 then.
Rotors are appearing on every model lately.

Sprayed mine at work with the Audi wheel paint that's seen on most Audi wheels but used a gloss lacquer instead of a Matt one. Cleaner look I think. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385157973618837ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385158021632199

IMO theres not really any ultimate defining characteristics of a S3 anymore... Theres far too many people just bolt S3 parts onto a TDi for instance which is a shame really... I always thought it should have came with wider arches and more defining qualities from your S3 kinda like the RS has done now... There are always gonna be replicas regardless of any vehicle, but how many replicas of RS4's and the likes do you see compared with the S3.... Personally I have rotors on my S3 cos they are my favourite OEM wheel (But then again, I have an 8P2 to i'm being slightly hypocritical by putting a later model wheel on my car)... The fact in the knowing that I have the real deal is enough for me though.. I just want to enjoy my own car and dont really care what anyone else thinks so a certain degree...

Reactions: crunchie and SPARTAN91
Cant decide if i'd like them for silver S3, i think I'm gonna go with BBS though :D

Reactions: lloydi77
What about the grey and silver tip s3 rotor alloys for a audi a3 2.0L tdi sport? With the 2008 sline front bumper and 30mm coilovers?