Thinking about a short shift for your S3, look here!

Muzza80

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this.

Just fitted a Creations Motorsport short shift to my 2010 S3 tonight, took me all of 30 mins and 15 of that was trying to get the ****** engine cover off lol

I can outright state that it's the best mod I've done to any car I've owned! I simply cannot believe the difference it makes!
I expected the shorter shift (obviously) but I didn't expect the dramatic change in how much it improves the shift feel in every aspect. I thought the standard shifting was at times a bit indirect and a bit notchy and this has totally transformed it. The shift is much more positive, very slick and now has a very nice weighty feel to it compared to standard, you can shift soooo much quicker and the reduction in throw is just perfect.

It's not adjustable in any way which worried me a little but they have really nailed it so no need for any adjustment.

I gather it's a copy of the Neuspeed one which costs twice as much, I think the big calibrated counter weight is what makes this a winner.

I got it here for £69.98 posted next day: VW SEAT SKODA SEAT AUDI 6 SPEED SHORT SHIFT 1.8T 20VT | eBay

Highly recommended mod, best £70 I've spent on any car to date.

Anyway, hope this might help some people in their decision.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Which one is this Murray? Side short shifter or length short shifter?

Length, cant honestly see after fitting it why you would want to change side to side too, it's spot on!

sounds sweet!!! how easy is it to fit?

Honestly, getting the engine cover off is the biggest pain but once that's off it's literally 10 mins and the only tool needed is a 13mm socket, extension and ratchet.

Anyone that cant fit this shouldn't be working on their own car tbh :laugh:

Reactions: speegy360
i've got both forge shifters. it's the first mod on my car, and i still love it, it really improves the whole experience!!!
i think it's a must!