How Dare you park that junk so close to my car?!

Adam_A3_

Reaction score
As titled. Looked out of the window at work amd was disgusted to see this mashed up punto an inch away from my car. Thought i'd share it. Had to inspect the car to make sure it hadnt bumped me.

Maybe start s thread for parking that really annoys us?? Lol just for laughs..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phil-1
I had same situation few days ago and had to spend 10 minutes making sure no damage was made, have no idea why people park so close its damn annoying thing though.

I had a chick do this to me in my a4 before the look of disgust when I just pushed her car out the way with mine lol after I asking her nicely to move back abit and she stuck her head in the air and started walking away. Was only an astra age had but I love diesel quattro's

I know this is an a3 forum but I am getting 3.2l v6 a3 soon so just been watching the forum and just had to comment in this.

Check out the facebook page "spotted: parking like a ****" this will humour you all day long and its all about sending them the pics you take! haha

Woman in a KA bumped into my Jag when I was sitting in it. I got out and walked over and the first thing she said (before I said a word) was " I didn't hit you"

Thats bad, I'd have been right out there checking too.

You know what I really ****** hate, what really gets on my tits? Sheep Car Syndrome!

So you roll into a car park lets say at a supermarket, everyone's parked near the door because they cant be bothered walking their fat ***** like an extra 50 foot. I'll park up well away from anyone else, no other cars around.
Come out of the supermarket and return to car only to find you've been surrounded by fecking sheep cars on all sides! WTF is wrong with these people!

ARGHHHHHHHH!! :scared2:

Reactions: 4sprungduckteknic, markos72, Cruiser89 and 9 others
Its Italian, did you expect much else :)

Totally agree with sheep. I used to park accross two bays at work and got disciplined!
Its just disrespectful people - ignorance.

And yes seen the facebook page. Its hilarious. Think we all need to group buy some dashcams with parking mode!!

Totally agree with the sheep comment.

Everytime I park away from the crowd, someone parks slap bang next to me. Stopped parking across two spaces now after I got a ticket last time I did it. It really baffles me how people could park in a space with no car next to it so they can open their door as wide as they want, but no, they choose to park right next to mine where they squeeze out of their car whilst knocking my passenger door numerous times :motz:

I don't get it.

Have they parked with in their parking space? Yes

Have they hit your car? No

Is there enough room behind your car to get out? Yes

So what's the issue?
Its not like rust or poor car care is contagious and will effect your car.

Do you get out and moan at people who stop to close to your when in traffic?

Reactions: Jason.s and sliced
Have they parked with in their parking space? Yes Eh no???

Is there enough room behind your car to get out? Yes Erm How can you see that??

So what's the issue?

IMO that Punto is clearly overhanging his space to the point the OP looks well pinned in there if there's something behind him.

Would you park like that??

Reactions: NHN and Adam_A3_
I don't get it.

Have they parked with in their parking space? Yes

Have they hit your car? No

Is there enough room behind your car to get out? Yes

So what's the issue?
Its not like rust or poor car care is contagious and will effect your car.

Do you get out and moan at people who stop to close to your when in traffic?
Yes i actually have, when some idiot was sitting 2 inches off my bumper in the snow, on an incline.

IMO that Punto is clearly overhanging his space to the point the OP looks well pinned in there if there's something behind him.

Would you park like that??

Its an inch or two. not enough to really rage over. Its not going to stop him from getting out of his space.
But of course this is all assumptions cause we can't see the full parking area or how this infraction is effecting his ability to leave at the end of the day or even why the punto is parked like that.

Yes i actually have, when some idiot was sitting 2 inches off my bumper in the snow, on an incline.

That's a fair point.
But in a normal weather conditions, as it appears in that image, would you still?

The a sheep comment is funny but there is possibly reason for people doing it.
They assume you look after your car and they feel safe parking near yours than any others perhaps?

Reactions: nezz
imo the punto has done nothing wrong here although this would still bug me

Reactions: Jason.s and s3dave
im contious about car park dings from supermarket car parks etc, so park well away from anyone no matter how much longer it takes to get to the door. and then on your return you always have a dirty great big van or 4x4 parked next to you - its as if they do it to p**S you off!!!
Also whilst on the topic of car parking and moaning the spaces seem to be getting smaller. The average 2 door car nowadays has bigger doors for safety and to enable passengers to get into the rear. these doors cannot open to even half of their extent without hitting the car next to you - NOT ON!!!

Reactions: ScottD3
You lot are unbelievable.
Parking in a PUBLIC space/area and get all stuck up when people park next to you?! Wtf is wrong with you.

If it was side by side and hed gone into a space at about 45 degrees with less than a foot to your door, yeh, thats inconsiderate of anyone, but this... I dont get it.

Car snobbery also, childish to say the least

Reactions: y2kcurran, Stiggles and Jason.s
Just be thankful you don't live in Madrid.

I remember staying with relatives in central Madrid a couple of years ago and hearing a thumping sound from outside the flat.

Looking out,it was amazing watching the parking technique being used.....

1.stick the nose of your car in a space that's way too small.
2.Push forwards until the car you're facing is pushed into the next car.
3.Reverse in,and do the same to the car behind.
4.Repeat steps 1-3 above until parked.
5.Job done.

You lot are unbelievable.
Parking in a PUBLIC space/area and get all stuck up when people park next to you?! Wtf is wrong with you.

If it was side by side and hed gone into a space at about 45 degrees with less than a foot to your door, yeh, thats inconsiderate of anyone, but this... I dont get it.

Car snobbery also, childish to say the least

How is it car snobbery!? It's trying to keep your pride and joy as far away from people like this who clearly couldn't give a **** about theirs or anyone else's car. The money I've spent over the years having dings, dents & scrapes and outright blatant mash 'n' run's removed from my cars that these people have ever so kindly left me is into the £1000's. Early last year I park up at the quiet end of our our local Tesco in my old car, no other cars around, spaces EVERYWHERE, the place was near empty. So I come out with my baby son to find some absolute POS Clio parallel parked literally 5 inches away from my car and a great big feckoff scrape right up half the length of my car. So I waited and waited and this fat cow comes wandering up, I asked her what the hell she thinks she was doing parking that close to my car and pointed out the scratch to which she says oh, that must have been my bag, sorry, I'm sure you can tcut it! WTFFFF DID YOU EFFFIN PARK THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU MORON, THE CAR PARK IS EMPTY!!!!??? :keule:

So I choose to park away from the rabble, up the back of the car park, as far from the door as I can and they STILL seem to follow me like flies round ****, it does me ****** head in!

That aint car snobbery that's pride in something I work my *** off to pay for.

Reactions: Sandra, s33nyboy12, WALTO TDI and 4 others
As titled. Looked out of the window at work amd was disgusted to see this mashed up punto an inch away from my car. Thought i'd share it. Had to inspect the car to make sure it hadnt bumped me.

Maybe start s thread for parking that really annoys us?? Lol just for laughs...
Ps. Excuse the pic orientation
View attachment 23673

Where is the issue?

Are you the only person allowed on that street...or in the UK for that matter?

They are clearly parked within their space, overhang or not, you don't show the car behind so I can't judge if they are "too far forward" but either way I don't see the issue especially with parking sensors?

Parking is a frustrating part of car ownership especially as we appreciate our cars more than others may do.

Reactions: ScottD3 and sliced
Lol you guys are hilarious.

If u look at the punto it already has dings on the front wing. Obviously someone who doesnt take pride in their driving.

S3dave. If someone parked that close to your car are you saying you wouldnt check to see firstly how close they were and secondly whether or not they scraped your bumper on the way in. For info, i couldnt take the care out until she moved hers. She had at least a foot wortg of space behind her. And also, in what world does a 51 plate punto look newer than a 2008 plate audi - you can just 'say' but if you were on the receiving end of dings and scrapes (ive had three to my car so far) then it would annoy you. Surely!

People should be considerate when parking. Or when opening their doors. It would be an issue at all if people took care so unfortunately it is. There no excuse parking so close to someone when there is space. Also - its pure ignorance. And for thos who think its not an issue - wait until you are on the receiving end.

Reactions: TonyH38 and WALTO TDI
Ps. My last but of car parking damage cost £200+. In tesco. And she drove away. Had a witness who gave me details

It doesnt matter if he has space behind or not! You can clearly see the audi has parked accordingly within the space viewing the lines... That is inconsiderate parking at best by the punto driver and I would have been highly irritated and checking my car also...!

Reactions: nezz, NHN, Adam_A3_ and 1 other person
It's a little close for comfort, and if I was the driver of the punto, I'd have assessed the amount of space you had to reverse, in order to vacate the space.

If not enough, I'd have chosen another space, otherwise I'd have slammed it 2 inches from your bumper, just like the picture. :)

It's not so much that the Punto has done something wrong, it's just unnecessarily close.

I remember the day I got my BE Quattro, we went to Paultons Park, as always they were directing traffic, the noddy in the car park was directing to park next to the most beaten to **** Fiesta you've ever seen, I ignored him and parked next to the brand new Beemer in the next bay, he tried to redirect me back to the original space and I explained in no uncertain terms why I wasn't going to put my brand new car beside a 25 year old rot box.

Thinking about it, I'm surprised he didn't key my car :D

Actually, looking again at the pick, the Punto is well over hanging his space, so as in actual fact the driver is a total bell end.

Last edited:
Looking at how close your car is to the front line of the parking space those spaces should be minimum the council can get away with and what we all need in these world are good driver who can park as the spaces are shrinking

Agree with ADAM_A3_ on this, if i notice someone has parked closely to my car i always check for damage. Have a similar issue with my neighbours almost everyday who fling there doors open right towards my car :mad:

Reactions: 4sprungduckteknic and Adam_A3_
Its amazing how thick some people are, particularly when they go to the supermarket ! there are times when i wait in the car when the missus goes in for a couple of things, some of the people getting out of cars just fling the sodding doors wide open !!
Women putting kids in the back are the worst, why do they look so miserable ?

I have been fighting this battle for at least 15 years now. This is when we bought our first decent new car, a GTi 1.8T and we still have it as part of the family fleet.
Every decent parking space is now referred to in our family as a "golf space" no matter what car we are in and I think it is very valid that you would want to protect your investment which may also be you pride and joy. Certainly, the £18,195 I paid for the GTi back in 1998 was the result of hard work. I am quite happy to park away from the shop entrance etc and walk the extra 50 metres.
Keep away from 4X4 as they normally have little children in the back who are not strong enough to control a heavy door as it swings open.
However, my worst moment was in a totally empty car park at the Motor cycle museum near Birmingham. The car was parked in the middle with no other cars in sight.
When I came back, some B****** had ripped off the driver's door handle, used a screwdriver to make the windows go down, leant in scratching paint and interior trim with his zip, all to steal my leather driving gloves. It took 3 attempts to get the replacement handle sprayed the correct colour and the door lock has never been totally right since.

Peter

Boyos. I feel your pain!! And this is an issue everywhere you go. I bought a peageot 306 (cant even spell it) as a winter car last year. Wasnt bothered where i parked it. Mind u, i still opened my doors v carefully for other.

Nice lurrrvly thread!

Id have checked my car and been ****** off too..... Just sayin! ;-)

Reactions: Adam_A3_
wow i better not get anywhere near you lot in a 44ft 44T lorry
i get within mm's when people parking there cars crap away from curbs and not stright

Reactions: Sandra
wow i better not get anywhere near you lot in a 44ft 44T lorry
i get within mm's when people parking there cars crap away from curbs and not stright

Completely understand where your coming or though I only drive a baby 32 ton tipper . Ha