Do the rear cluster lights come apart ?

Keane

Reaction score
I've got the new style rear lights but some I've seen are darker and look loads better ! Pics for example ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385060289836874ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385060305586738
My question is do they come apart easily? I work in a paint shop and could paint mine on the inside like the newer ones, but darker,saves me spending £255 👍

I doubt that painting on the inside will change the overall colour apart from when lit I.e they will be darker lit, less light getting out

They will still appear the colours they are now on the outside during the day as it's the plastic that has the colour and the light will be reflecting from this surface?

Your better off painting the outside of the lights with a small amount of black mixed with clear lacquer and thin coats till the colour you require & then some more just clear lacquer to protect

I could well be wrong though?.!

Yeah I know what your saying. It all depends how it comes apart I think :) if you sprayed the red plastic from behind it will still darken the plastic to give a tinted but not chavvy (sprayed on the outside look) what I will do is take one out and have a butch :) that can't be hard :)

Thinking about it a very light coat on the inside may work, have you tried it on an old light of any make to see how it comes out?

I don't think it'll work if you want the chavvy dark look to paint on the inside

It works mate, I've done it before on a mates car. I like the look of the newer tinted sline lights and wanted to replicate it, but looking at it I think it can't be done as I can't get to where I want to paint :( was hoping someone had pics of some taken apart. Personally I don't like the look of lights that have been lacquered over as I think it looks chavvy, so I don't wanna do that.

If you study the pics I've posted it's the darker plastic around the outer side I like.